Do you frown upon tattoos?

by confusedandalone 81 Replies latest social physical

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Very sad and depressing to see someone full of tatoos. I cannot understand it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Tattoos are essentially taking on an image to express an emotive thought or ideal toward enhancing

their own personal identity of themselves.

Perhaps thats why its more common among young people who are insecure to who they are ???

• tim hooper
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I got 3 before the age of 21, and before I was a JW. One of them is too big, the tatoo artist didn't listen. They have faded alot now and gone a bit smudgy. I will post pictures after work.

Would I have them again if I went back in time? Yes I think so

Kate xx

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I am in my early 40's and I have a couple of tattoo's. To me they are very personal and I have no regrets at getting them done. On women I find them sexy if they are tastefully done. It is becoming more of an accepted norm where I live and work. I have my kids names on a heart over my chest and a dragon on my arm. Both have deep meaning to me and yes there is a story behind both.

Regards

Wolfy

• happy@last
    happy@last

I like them if they are simple, or a single piece of art, I am not keen to seeing loads where they all merge into one. I have one on my wrist, it has great meaning to me and no-one really notices it, I like it there and look at it regularly and makes me smile. I am in my 40's and only had it done recently.

I've always had a fascination with them, but would not want to cover myself, though I could see how some people would get addicted to getting them.

• stillin
    stillin

Tim hooper: love the "no targets" picture.

i do not care at all for tattoos. That's why people get them isn't it?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When I first saw tattoos (during and after JWism), I recoilled. My first reaction was to think they are not so cool. Someone has to be a posterboard for his cause. Why not just buy a t-shirt that says it? I put them up there with Cameros, Mullets, and Pissing Hobbs stickers. I really did label the person.

Now, I try very hard to not judge. I sold my high horse. Everyone is different, and a tattoo is their symbol to the world. I've seen a few tattoos that were cool. One, on a mom who lost her son. It was a tattoo about her son. Another, who had her entire leg in a "totem pole" of children's faces. Those were her children. I think you need to ask the people about the tattoo before you go into judgemental mode. They could be very warm & loving people who are finding a way to express themselves. Or, it could be that they did live to excess on night, and came home with an unexplained tattoo (which is always funny). Or, it could be a man who got a Jessica Rabbit tattoo . . . I thought, "Dude, that's wierd that you lust after a cartoon rabbit."

Skeeter

• mrquik
    mrquik

Like everything else, I think it's a matter of degree. I have 2 on each arm. All three daughters have them. One is still in the Borg. If JW's believe it's a mutilation of oneself, that principle has to apply unilaterally to piercings as well. So all those JW women with pierced ears need to be kicked out.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't have any, and don't want any. My problem is that anyone can get a tattoo. They used to mean something. Maybe I am a jerk, but I think they should be earned. Join the Yakuza, get a tattoo. Become a Navy Seal, or Army Ranger and you deserve a tattoo. Complete your Shaolin training and you get a tattoo. It would have to be something BIG for me to get a tattoo. Turning 30, going to TJ and getting drunk with your 30 year old girlfriends is not tattoo worthy IMO.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit