• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked for later

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Name: Breakfast of Champions

Level of Education: High School

College: Some (started in 2011)

Employment: Full time (but soon to change. . . )

When I was in high school and trying to decide what to do with my life, my evil, worldly father (who was soon to be destroyed at Armageddon) gave me some of the best advice you can give anyone with regards to education: You are going to have to work at least 40 hours a week for the rest of your life, so you might as well be doing something you like, and make the most money you can doing it. So go to college!

My JW mother would sick the congregation elders on me constantly over the college issue, and they had a million reasons why college was such a terrible idea:

It would show that I am spiritually weak

Girls would be constantly throwing themselves at me trying to get laid

You'll get into drugs

Armageddon would come while is was in college and it would be difficult for god to sort me out from the rest of the worldlings in the 400 seat lecture hall

This system is about to end and you would be BLOOOOODGUILTY if you don't pioneer

You're just greedy and you want to make lots of money

etc... . . .

The pressure was constant, unrelenting. On the other hand, my evil worldly father never pressed the issue (I kind of wish he had!) and so I pioneered out of high school. I literally (I am not making this up) had nightmares of being on campus when Jehovah rained fire and brimstone down on us- this is the level of indoctrination and mind control we are talking about here. I actually feared going to college.

Not to mention my father would most certainly be killed in Armageddon, because I was pleasing men, and he would never be motivated to accept the "truth." My father in now into his late 70's.

If you want to know what I'm doing now, see my thread Big Changes

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I don't fully understand why JW are so opposed to higher education. I get that for young people it can be a waste of time -- bad association & they probably don't know what career they want yet, so a waste of money. I went 100% online so no 'bad association '.

Anyway I have a Bachelor's degree & a decent career. I'm single & my salary is enough to support me & I am a homeowner. Middle- class solidly. I did it all by myself ( put myself through college in my late 30s, awarded degree in early 40s l, mid40s now). Getting the degree more than double my salary and gave me more job opportunities. I don't regret it - it was worth the investment.

However, I didn't go around bragging or volunteering the info. that I have a degree to JW's because they are so judgey about it. And being a woman I was always discouraged from pursing a career and education ( even though I'm single and need to support myself).

The first thing I did when I left and became inactive was get my degree.

• JWslave77
    JWslave77

You're spending a lot of time on an apostate site for someone that's trying to seek reinstatement TxNVSue2023. Don't let your JC know you're so active on this site lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit