Why do so many think JW Religion is a Cult? (NO APOSTATES PLEASE)

by Brother Mike 90 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Bro. Mike "peaced-out" on another thread.

He decided to continue partaking from Jah's sumptuous spiritual banquet table.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, he left, not long after he started this thread. I think he couldn't handle TTATT.

• gbrn
    gbrn

I'm late to this thread but if this is a sincere question, there is a great article on the Huffington Post called "When Organized Religion becomes a cult." At the beginning of the article it states, "The distinction between cult and religion lies squarely in how those leaving or those wanting to leave are treated." I think that is your reason right there. If it walks like a duck...

Interestingly enough, a few days before the article on JW.ORG regarding whether they are a cult or not was posted, the Huffington Post tweeted the link for the article that I mentioned above. Could have been a coincidence, but who knows?

• DNCall
    DNCall

I am, by any definition, an apostate. However, Brother Mike, I am going to give you the answer you seek:

Question: Why do so many think JW Religion is a Cult?

Answer: Because so many have been deceived by apostates and others who have taken a position against Jehovah's Witnesses.

. . . hey, wait a minute . . . I'm an apostate . . . have I contributed to this deception? . . .

Wow! Thank you Brother Mike for getting me back on track. I need to get my unforgivable sin of apostasy forgiven somehow and return to the flock!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I dont know if this has been mentioned but when a religion shuns someone that just quits and has comitted no sin then thats a cult.

• Outgoing454
    Outgoing454

I am no apostate, maybe I shouldn't speak as I have never been in any of your shoes. But when any organization controls what you do, and forces you to make choices that devastates you because the say its best for you. Had you turn your back on some one you love or family is not Christian at all.

I have friends that are JW's and have been cast out in the street for something minor and they tried to commit suicide from being abandoned in a time of need. Some needed help and never received any, forced to give up someone they love that it makes them so emotionally sick to the point of needing to go to the hospital.

What is this, it's a controlling cult.

Reminds me of the high priest in the time of Jesus, when Jesus didn't agree with their ways and what they believed so they had him put to death.

Sorry to jump in but is so frustrating to see how people get treated in this religion and other organizations for having queditions or concerns among other things.

They should not be judged and no one on this earth has the right to judge them no matter their belief, sexuality or background.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can understand that a religion might want to eject people. What I will never understand is why JWs must shun people outside of meetings. It is so hard on people. It disrupts families. Why can't there be disagreement? We have disagreement here. They must know how many members they would retain if people could speak freely. Their higher education stand is the same. Control.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

I have to agree with Band on the Run. Once as lay leader at a UMC, I had to eject a member of the youth. He was supplying guns, knives, and tabacco to other youth. One gun ended up in a school. Luckily, no one got hurt.

I had a heart-to-heart talk with the kid first and actually got through his thick skull that this crap needed to end. Unfortunately, he went home to Mom and cried that I was being mean. She read me the riot act, and I kicked him out over the objections of the pastor. Enough was enough. Ironically, I actually helped the kid who brought the gun to school. He instantly realized that it was an incredibly dumb thing to do, and his parents asked for my support. The kid has since gotten his life completely turned around. (Funny how a a few nights in jail will make a kid really comtemplate their actions.)

There is one big difference between my actions and the JW. I never told anyone that they had to shun the kid that got kicked out. Quite the opposite, I intended to pull him back in after everyone had had some time to think about it for a while. Unfortunately, I left that church before I ever got a chance to do so.

There was no emotional black mail trying to seperate him from family and friends. Just an honest attempt to keep the other youth under my care safe.

• DJS
    DJS

Brother Mike,

If you have been on this site for any length of time you should know that the JWs are a cult. They are not JUST a cult; they are a vile, hate filled nasty life and family destroying cult. I began to think that when I was a JW elder. For you to think you can control who responds shows me that you need to grow up. You are afraid of the truth or any objection raised that seriously presses your cherished beliefs. The JWs are a dangerous, mind control cult that I would tell everyone to avoid like the plague and if in it to leave as soon and as quietly as possible.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Unfortunately we ahve been wasting our breath because bro mike has cut and run. If he had any self-awareness then he woudl realize his own behaviour answers his question!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit