Why do so many think JW Religion is a Cult? (NO APOSTATES PLEASE)

by Brother Mike 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Brother Mike

I am not an apostate and have never been a Witness but I have closely observed the Witnesses and read a lot of WBTS material and doctrine. I agree wholeheartedly with those who identify the WBTS organization as a cult for its use of BITE control over its membership. 'Cult' is a loaded word and causes a very negative reaction so you may find 'high control religion' a more acceptable description. In any case the point is that the WBTS ahs perfected over a long timeways to control the behaviour, information, thoughts and emotions of its membership. They are most effective at this when they are able to influence chidlren through parents who are Witnesses. They use publications such as My Bible Stories etc. and indoctrination at KHs to induce phobias in these children of Armageddon and the consequences of lack of faith in Jehovah, demons, Satan, doubts about the organisation, apostates, churches and other religions (Babylon the Great) and worldly people. One of the reasons for doing this is to discredit any alterantive sources of information and to make beleivers feel profoundly uncomfortable if they even start to doubt what they ahve been told by the organisation. They then identify themselves with Jehovah such that the organisation and Jehovah are indistinguishable in the minds of believers and use the phobias they have induced to make believers believe they are only safe from what they fear when they are part of the organisation. They back this up with shunning and vilification of those who leave to make leaving the organisation a deeply traumatric experience. Do I need to continue?

Frazzled

• TD
  • Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

DATA DOG.

LOL. North Korea. That's a good one!

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

BECAUSE IT IS!

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

What to ad to these very good comments. Thank you all for your input here. Very enlightening.

As most JW come from a different system of point of views, so all JW are apostates in the first place to their original beliefs.

Eisegesis vs exegesis is such a strong argument speaking for the cultishness of the WT-aka JW religion.

One example. Why would Jesus use the story of Abraham sitting at the table of the heavenly kingdom after being carried away by angels after he died if there were no such thing as an afterlife? Why would he strengthen a Satanic argument and lead people astray? JW explanation is based upon a predefined concept. They dont accept Jesus words per se and ad to the scriptures.

The field of arguments against cults (all religious orgs) is quasi infinite.

Anyone lacking wisdom and understanding should approach Jahweh in prayer and ask for it through Jesus the Christ and Messiah.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

patrick45 - along with your line of thought, another interesting thing is this, Moses and Elijah both appeared to Jesus. The WT teaches they were just angels who may have looked like them.

What is interesting though is that Moses and Elijah didn't just die, they were taken up by a fiery chariot. So perhaps they were taken directly to heaven and they really were the ones who appeared to Jesus.

"Brother Mike,"

I was born and raised in the JW cult, and never believed in it or considered baptism. Although I have forgiven them for their sins, I will always resent my parents' choice to raise me and my siblings in the WT cult.

Seeing you come to this site and refer to others as "apostates" makes me think that you are a brainwashed fool. Your cult has harmed many; feel free to try and defend the stupidity you are part of. You are not the first apologist to come to this site.

• joe90
    joe90

If the Watchtower Society wasn't a cult, you wouldn't be excluding "apostates" from your thread.

I'm afraid it's that simple.

Good luck making your way out, Mike.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Lol, so you start a topic on why the JW religion is a cult but you immediately exclude everyone that does not believe in the WTBTS as God's approved organization. Apostate according to the WTBTS is anyone who does not accept the WTBTS' supreme leadership or worships without "accepting the visible organization".

From WT publication: Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Jehovah's Witnesses are required to follow the direction of eight men in Brooklyn, NY. To speak against their teachings results in being shunned.

CULT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit