Why do so many think JW Religion is a Cult? (NO APOSTATES PLEASE)

by Brother Mike 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

*Removed*

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

you are welcome sir x

As for your refernce to your religion saying it itself is not a cult, you are once more ticking boxes for 'cult'

* Access to non-cult sources of information minimized or discouraged

Perhaps, not getting all your information from one source (i.e. Your religious oeaders) , would be a good start for people pondering their belief systems and cult status.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

An apostate is one who leaves the JW religion and purposely tries to go out of there way to stop others from learning the truth.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have never met anyone doing that. Have you Mike?

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

All of you guys.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When I was a JW, I didn't think I was in a cult at all. Unfortunately, no one who is in a cult thinks they are. Since I left I have learned more about cults, and I had to accept that I was indeed, in a cult. This has helped me to break free from the Witnesses.

I found this website helpful: howcultswork.com. It is not about the Jehovah's Witnesses, but just cults in general. Brother Mike, I invite you to read this and tell me how The Watchtower does not meet this criteria.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Can you demonstrate that statement?

.....or are you just ticking more boxes for 'cult' status, not to mention being a little ignorant, uninformed and .....immature. Don't worry I forgive you, I was the same once. Seriously, read the following list for cult and fear....

• Excessive use of fear
      • Fear of thinking independently
      • Fear of the "outside" world
      • Fear of enemies
      • Fear of losing one's "salvation"
      • Fear of leaving the group or being shunned by group
      • Fear of disapproval
    • Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about ever leaving the group or even questioning the leader's authority. The person under mind control cannot visualize a positive, fulfilled future without being in the group.
    • No happiness or fulfilment outside of the group
    • Terrible consequences will take place if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
    • Shunning of leave takers; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
    • Never a legitimate reason to leave. From the group's perspective, people who leave are "weak," "undisciplined," "unspiritual," "worldly," "brainwashed by family or counselor," or "seduced by money, sex, rock and roll."
  • JeffT
    JeffT

An apostate is one who leaves the JW religion and purposely tries to go out of there way to stop others from learning the truth.

That doesn't apply to almost everybody here. We're all going out of our way to make sure that others learn the truth.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

I would like to remind everyone that I asked for people new here who aren't apostates. So why are all of you guys here! Especially you snare racket.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

Dear Brother Mike

Thank you for your post linking to Jehovahs Witnesseses offiicial website.

Please take a step back and answer this:

Name one person in mankind's history that have adnitted that they are in cult, while they were in the group they were talking about.

Thanks.

FalseProphet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit