Why do so many think JW Religion is a Cult? (NO APOSTATES PLEASE)

by Brother Mike 90 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Brother Mike, dear, you are on a web site that is not approved by the Watchtower Society. If you tell your elders and fellow congregation members you were here you will be called into the libraryright after the meeting!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Mike - Even a better question is why are you here?

You sound like SFPW, I guess you're familiar with who that is since you like to frequent this site. (Unless of course, you are SFPW using yet another fake name)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

You don’t get to dictate who can and cannot respond to a thread here. Get your head out of your ass.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

George Bush admitted that he joined a cult and he is still in it. Skulls and Bones Cult.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

But you have your own definition of apostate. I am not an apostate.

I was a pioneer, I was a bethelite, I was of 'missionary' status, I was used for district assemblies, I was not disfellowshipped, I was asked to stop attending after I enquired about The Watchtower Society owning a military company via the stock market (Rand Cam) and had issues with them having an NGO status with the UN.

I did leave following much research and painful realities, I am now 33, a trainee medical doctor and of no religious leaning. My intetrests are only for what is evidently true. Despite what the 8 men in Brooklyn say, you can trist your own mind and thinking, so start using it. Those men are humans too, if they can think, you can!

I will leave you be now, but feel free to PM me, I advise you read the book by Governing Body Member R.Franz who left the organisation following a "Crisis of Conscience" (also the name of his memoirs) after becoming a member of the Governing Body and seeing how the organisatiom was run.

I wish you well in your search for the real truth, my only advice would be to keep your mind open, trust nobody but yourself (only you know your motives, you dont know other peoples) and seek and actually, physically, literally read all the information yourself. DONT TRUST QUOTES OR SUMMARIES, read the original sources yourself.

All the best x

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

Guys the WBTS does not say what not to be on. It's you independent choice to decide what's right and wrong. And don't you dare use that against me out of this context.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Brother Mike,

I am not an apostate, and I agree with what has been said above. I have witnessed the destruction of your organization first hand. The Witnesses meet the text book definition of cult.

In most modern Protestant churches, you can disagree over doctrine without fear of being shunned by family and friends. Likewise, you can challenge the leadership without fear of being shunned by family and friends. [I know, because I have on both accounts.] If you did the same thing in the JW, you run the risk of being DF'ed and being shunned by family and friends.

The JW are an organization that claims to be following the bible but are led by a governing body that has no scriptural foundation. Likewise, JW leadership routinely twists scripture out of context to justify their power trip.

Finally and most importantly, actions speak louder than words. I have watched people, who were good loving Christians sincerely following Christ's example, shunned by their family as the result of JW pressure.

If the JW do not like being considered a cult, maybe they should stop acting like one.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

Here's the thing just because a text book gives a definition and a society has similar signs doesn't mean that they are a cult. If you ask me if all of you believe so much in a dictionary, I'm starting to think the people of Webster is a cult too.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

But you asked why people call Watchtower a cult, and in your own words......

"a society has similair signs..."

ta da....

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Let me make this simple. Using emotional black mail to enforce control makes the JW a cult. You can use cute rhetoric all day, but in the end, that meets any common sense definition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit