Who wants to live forever?

by Doug Mason 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

What will living be like after 5 billion years?

Doug

• Libelle
    Libelle

That is one of those things I never understood the appeal of. I would just not want that at all.everything has its season.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At 15, 30 seems too old to live.

At 30, 60 seems too old.

At 80, 60 seems like it definitely was not enough, and another 10 would be great.

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE GOOD HEALTH.

Thus, Forever in Paradise, is attractive to most everyone.

Doc

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

When my grandmother was 88 I would ask her if she wanted to live to be 100. She said NO! Why would she want to live that long?

I concur. Why? I mean, life is grand, but after a long life, enough is enough.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If I was happy, healthy, and safe--heck yes.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Exactly Rebel8, exactly. Likely, the reason why the average ex-JW can't imagine living forever is because they can't envision anything beyond this system of things. Basically, they have tunnel vision. When they think about everlasting life, they unfortunately allow the aches and pains associated with growing old in this system of things to cloud out all of blessings that God's Kingdom will usher in.

• budbayview
    budbayview

Absolutely yes! With a myriad of challenges ahead, it will be a wonderful playground.

Imagine having the wisdom of the ancients with the body of 25 year old. The key to life is purpose.

• prologos
    prologos

not with the characters that parade as "christians" in the watchtower arrangement. but:

there arew few things that we can do really WELL because of time restraints (unless you have free slave labor and tax exemption)

Yes it would be nice to have un limited time, energy, health.

Even Einstein, the deiist, died with his note book ready to work more.

let beethoven finish his unfinished symphony? so: pack it all into the present life, because

WT promises have all failed. why would the BIG one come true?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I love the idea. It was the bait that got me to bite: hook, line and sinker.

Too bad it's all a complete fucking lie.

If I could get my hands around the throat of any of the GB members, I would happily return the favor. Only what was metaphorical in my experience would become literal in theirs. Blame Crazy Freddie Franz and his penchant for "types" and "antitypes."

Karma's a bitch.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It depends on one's potential. The scriptures indicate there are no practical limits to our progression. If one is stuck in a crummy garden, horrors! But if one has the ability to change one's body to energy and traverse billions of light years with a thought, and if one is in a state of eternal happiness and is engaged in worthwhile and productive activities, who knows? God is from eternity to eternity, yet he manages to remain engaged in creating worlds and populating them, not to mention running the Universe.

We have nothing useful to compare an eternal existence with. It could be a hoot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit