I told the elders that I would take blood and donate blood

by Daniel1555 75 Replies latest watchtower medical

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

At least point out to them how hypocritical the WTBTS's doctrine is in NOW allowing blood fractions, but still banning blood donations. If we now accept blood fractions, who the $%^& is going to donate the blood from which the fractions are derived. Let them think about that.

And I'm with you on the destroying the blood card. I did and told my JW wife. She said that it was my decision and left it at that.

eyeuse2badub

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Well done for being able to talk openly with your wife about it, im building up to that myself. Scared stiff though! Hope whatever happens is how you'd want it to happen dude. (one of my best holidays was in Switzerland, beautiful place..)

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

you haven't accepted blood yet, so you have DONE anything wrong... technically. However, you have "promoted" your opion to your wife, and additionally you have rejected the direction (or at least questioned) of the F&DS.

I believe they will take this in 2 forms. 1 - keep your opinions to yourself and wait on Jehovah, and 2 - do you beleive the F&DS is the sole channel being used by Jehovah.

if you say you accept the F&DS, they will use this to attack your reason for questioning the blood issue in the first place. They will drag this out for a bit and then, since you "accepted" the F&DS as the channel, they will shift back to point 1, that is, keeping your mouth shut about your issues and waiting on Jah.

yes its BS, but many have done this BS dance to keep from being DF'd by plumbers and janitors.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

>> being DF'd by plumbers and janitors. <<

F#cking real estate laundering scam.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Eyeus2badub: you have a smart wife

Captain Blithering: thanks for your wishes. I wish you the best too. It for sure needs a lot of courage to tell it to someone you love but who is a prisoner of mind control. I told the same the same concerning blood to my parents who are each about 50 years in the "truth." At least they changed their mind about blood.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They will ask if you believe the F&D slave is God's chosen channel. That is where you set yourself up to be disfellowshipped, so think carefully about how you want to answer. If you do not want to be disfellowshipped, so the least amount possible.

It is going to be a very risky discussion, that will be hard to get through if the elders want to disfellowship you, because if you say you still believe in the Slave, then they will say your thoughts on blood show otherwise.

If you chose to say that it is God's channel, and they push you regarding your decision on blood, you could say that since JWs used to take blood, then didn't, and now can take some components, it is quite obvious this doctrine has not been directed by God. Especially since the current doctrine is contradictory when it allows taking blood components, but not donating blood. You are not prepared to put your life in the hands of the Slave on this matter when they have not yet got it right. (that sort of conversation will have them wondering where you found all that out and if you have been reading apostate sites.)

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hey robert abiblestudent: I won't let them help me refuse it. My conscience is clear on this matter. Peace to you and your loved ones too.

Narcissic Supply: I know it's none of their business. But my wife is the boss... Anyway I do not fear them at all.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Good you were honest with your wife. However, now that she told the elders, and if they also hear you say that, you are voicing opinion contrary to the organization doctrine. If you won't keep your "opinion" to yourself, they may not call it "apostate." But they could call it "brazen." That's a possible DF offense. They could "fear" you sharing this with others in the cong. It would no doubt influence others & possibly get others to think.

Glad you "don't fear them at all."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWfacts, !! Yep, that's the only way if you are not sure that you want to DA or get DF'd. You have to know exactly what you are talking about, and you have to prove it with WT references and flawless logic. This is because you are on trial, make no mistake about that.

DD

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Jwfacts: well I really got a lot information from your site. One question. Why is it that they df if you say that you don't believe the fds is god's channel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit