Giant thread of convince-me-not-to-be-a-theist

by DS211 243 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Put your own ego aside, and focus on her arguments, not her methods.

Utter nonsense adamah. Tammy's unverifiable 'method' by which she claims knowledge is absolutely relevant to her claims. Her so-called arguments flow from this wellspring of ignorance and are in my opinion barely worth addressing.

She is either delusional or the worst kind of liar.

• KateWild
    KateWild

so what's the point in believing-J.Hofer

It's not just about having a purpose. He just exists, thats it for me. He is continuing to Create new and wonderful things in space, time and on the earth for us all to discover and learn about.

I want to believe in God, so I do.

But if something I discover on my journey leads me to the conclusion there is no God, I will believe something new if the eveidence supports it.

Kate xx

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I want to believe in God, so I do.

I want to believe that all children are tucked into a warm bed at night with a kiss from loving parents. That they are well fed, happy and content. I want to believe it but I don't because reality gets in the way and because I'm not a fool!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Adam - if you could make your points succinctly I would be more inclined to read them-cofy

We all have different style of writing, Adam I agree with cofty some of your posts are not as easy to read as other posters, but he could have been less succinct about it and more polite.

Cofty, Adam is not the only one with that style of writing, go easy on him.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I want to believe it but I don't because reality gets in the way and because I'm not a fool!-nic

I am not a fool either. You do not have any proof that there is no God, if I am wrong I would be happy for you to provide it to me. Thanks Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Adam - You just made my ignore list.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

kate, you don't need no proof to not believe in god. you also don't need no proof to not believe in pink elephants.

there's a little difference between these two statements:

1. i believe there is no god.

2. i don't believe there is a god.

it's subtle, but different. the first statement arguably may need some proof. the second one doesn't. but the effect on your daily life is the same.

• adamah
    adamah

Nicolaiu said-

Utter nonsense adamah. Tammy's unverifiable 'method' by which she claims knowledge is absolutely relevant to her claims. Her so-called arguments flow from this wellspring of ignorance and are in my opinion barely worth addressing. She is either delusional or the worst kind of liar.

Yes, and why don't we just let YET ANOTHER thread go to Hades by trying to disprove an unprovable claim.... THAT is really smart, huh?

Look at it this way: you don't actually BELIEVE she's hearing from Jesus, right?

So you have nothing to fear in addressing her Earthly uninspired and rather weak arguments, right? There's no evidence of 'Jesus-strength' logic on display (he used the irrefutable power of the parable, OMG!).

But perhaps you'd rather engage in an equally foolish and delusional exercise of trying to disprove her unprovable claim? Then the question becomes, who's delusion is greater: hers or those who'd even try, driven only by their emotions?

Cofty said-

Adam - You just made my ignore list.

How surprising: a dogmatic ex-elder.... Ohhh, am I being "shunned" by you, Cofty, LOL!

Whoda thunk that such an arrogant persona would only manage to change the color of their stripes, but not eliminate the presence of the stripes themselves?

Adam

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

at least tammy doesn't tell us she's jesus christ (peace be uppon him) reincarnated.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Adam - You just made my ignore list.-cofty

That's why SBF left cofty, that's what his "perspective" was that he was on your ignore list. You don't have to say it out loud. You just do it. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit