Giant thread of convince-me-not-to-be-a-theist

by DS211 243 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

Ok this is it. If you could teach me one thing to convince me not to believe what would it be? For instance what has the WT taught about evolution/science or mans existence that is wrong and could possibly change skmeones mind? And the more important question, why is it a creator couldnt allow for species to evolve?

jist exploring my freedom of research :-) . Thanks guys

• hellenback
    hellenback

I have one for us all. Prove with anything other than the Bible that some supernatural being created the heavens and the Earth. Also prove that the first humans appeared roughly 6000 years ago.

• DS211
    DS211

Good one--noted. NEXT?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I've read that 98-99% of the species that ever existed are now extinct.

What exactly is God up to if this is correct?

• bohm
    bohm

DS211:

The most important argument is this: In all other walks of life, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is no valid reason God should be excepted, and there is no good evidence for the existence of God.

• Giordano
    Giordano

http://godisimaginary.com/

• On the one hand, we all know that slavery is an outrage and a moral abomination. As a result, slavery is now completely illegal throughout the developed world.

• On the other hand, most Christians claim that the Bible came from God. In God's Word, the "creator of the universe" states that slavery is perfectly acceptable. Beating your slaves is fine. Enslaving children is fine. Separating slave families is fine. According to the Bible, we should all be practicing slavery today.

The intensity of this contradiction is remarkable. It shows us quite clearly that God is imaginary.

If God were to exist, and if he were playing any role whatsoever on our planet, he would eliminate this connection between himself and slavery. There is no way that a loving God would allow himself to be perceived as condoning and encouraging slavery like this.

• LucidChimp
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Challenge everything you are taught. Don't get F's in school to do that, but challenge every last thing and be true to yourself.

If you do that, there's no need for anyone to provide you a zinger for your "giant thread."

Giant thread.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Because of the existence of untold horrific and meaningless evil and suffering since the dawn of time. A God of love who is our heavenly father and in whose image we are made wouldn't permit it. There is not a single theodicy (an attempt to justify God's permission of evil) that comes close to satisfactorily repelling this classical philosophical objection to traditional theism.

• DS211
    DS211

Ok hang on let me take a stab at this.

without God it would mean that

things that arent living produced living things, nothing became everything (gradually). For example if there was a big bang that started it all....from a particle how did everything somehow fit into such a unique position, and without these positions life would not exist. OR why does man create things? Why is it in his nature for creation? Just by chance? no doubt this creative thought could have created the God or higher power which many different cultures claim. But then if God never existed then where would all these ideas come from? Human imagination? why do humans imagine things and other things not?

And also to add...Like Jesus invisible 1914, how can you disprove that God exists?

just my thoughts i know i dont have much research but thats why im here...asking questions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit