YOU WILL NEVER SEE THESE ACTS EVER MENTIONED IN A WATCHTOWER PUBLICATION

by steve2 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I was reading the opening post, I said "Blondie will find an article that does mention these things."

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My wife's best friend is a 'pioneer' and they go in 'service' together often. (I have not been out in 'service' for years.) Just the other day I asked her how her field service day went. She replied that there were not many people at home so they made RV's. I asked her how much ACTUAL/REAL time was spent preaching and/or teaching during the hours they spent in 'service'.

My point of course was that JW's may spend hours going from d2d, all the while visiting and socializing, but in reality only minutes in actually preaching or talking about God and Christ. A sad waste of time!

eyeuse2badub

• tiki
    tiki

rebel8 - seriously?!? yikes. and anonymouz - wowzo.

i knew of people who would make a phone call from home to start their time - then go to the meeting for fs and dawdle - then actually get going - only to take a break at 10:30......then after the break maybe one RV and then break for lunch. they could count a 4 hour stint when actually maybe only about an hour was for real.

it's all a crock anyway

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The whole purpose of counting and reporting time was that back in the day, pioneers would get literature and meal tickets at a discount and also meetings with the CO and other things.

It was a means to keep them, and others, honest toward those things that people got.

But now there is no discounts as everything is free, so why does anyone care about reporting time at all.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

One of my favorite stories is about the guy whot started his time by rolling out of bed in the morning and throwing a tract out the window, then back to bed for a couple more hours.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My favorite is the pioneer sister who moved from Alaska to our congregation with her husband and children (20+ years ago). She counted all her time during the trip. She justified it by placing magazines at every gas station that they stopped at.

She occasionally joined us in field service, but she kept her time going by studying with her children when they got home from school. I'm sure she had some other tricks as we didn't see her that often in service.

• steve2
    steve2

True Onthewayout. But the Watchtower does not mention the main one: Faking time. Recording of time spent "witnessing" is a necessarily - and convenient - high trust undertaking. Although witnesses invariably know of untold others inflating time spent witnessing, you will never see anything in print that chastens the liars' consciences - I suspect because so many JWs do it - if individual witnesses became strict with the way they counted time, the total number of reported hours would plummet and the end of year reports would not look good.

• rebel8
    rebel8

rebel8 - seriously?!? yikes

Yep. I see his point, but I think he took it way too far, past the line of honesty. It bothered my conscience to do all that when I was pioneering.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I've gone out to service in a foreign language before. Because these people don't live in a close community, but rather scattered throughout the city, to preach to them you have to drive from one place to another, sometimes from one side of the city to another. Anyway, the brothers and sisters in the congregation are allowed to count their driving time. So I can see why many are able Pioneer. in my experience and what I've been told, many take that time to to socialize or to shop when looking for people in markets or stores. One thing for sure, you don't reach as many doors when traveling around, and that's if there's any one home or that opens.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The society wants you to track every minute possible, so they can add it to the grand total. The more hours they can tabulate, the more proof they have that the JW's are the ones doing the majority of the preaching work on the planet.

Why not count your time, from the minute you see your first fellow JW at the KH? This time should count. All time that you are spent isolated with JW's, is indoctrination and control of your thoughts and actions. You are under the protection of your brothers and sisters, and will not be influenced by worldly people or their twisted thoughts, as long as you are in that car group.

They want to make it easy for publishers to get points for their time cards, so they will want to become pioneers. The more pioneers, the more proof they have that they are growing in their faith and that Jehovah is blessing the preaching efforts.

It all boils down to controlling the flock. Keep pushing them to report more time, so they will spend more time being isolated and controlled by JW's. Keep them separate from reality, so you can convince them that they are the chosen people. They are closing ranks, and they want to squeeze every last ounce of independence out of the sheep.

It is a cycle. You report more time, you feel like you accomplished something. You compare numbers with your friends, and get a little competitive spirit. It's human nature. You want to strive for higher numbers, or at least maintain each month. I think every seasoned JW realizes how little fruit is produced from the door-to-door preaching work. It is all about numbers on the card, not reaching out to unbaptized people.

The confessions and observations made here, and by active JW's I have met (my parents), tell the real story. The preaching "work" is a joke. They report time to be recognized by men. The reward for putting in your time, is advancement and privilege within the organization.

They claim that this preaching work is what proves they have the favor of Jehovah God, but the opposite is true. They are running around deceiving themselves, and anyone who is courteous enough to answer the door. If JW's were allowed to stay home on a Saturday morning, they might be tempted by unwholesome activities. They might even go online and see that there is a big wide world out there, or they might read a book or take up a hobby, or even *GASP* visit with unbelieving family members and friends!

EVERY minute should count, whether your mouth is full of pastries and coffee, or if you are regurgitating the lies of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit