New Article on BEARDS and Attire of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwfacts 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Dozy: Please advise each sister that we do not wish to see splits ... on the platform.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Society believes that as preachers salesman they are representing Jehovah the WTBTS by preaching selling literature about his coming kingdom.

Jehovah's Witnesses are known for being in the publics eye. Having men in suits and woman in dresses makes it appear that they are honest people. They appear to represent Jehovah the WTBTS as best as they can. So, they appear clean cut and well kept when being out in public. A beard would not represent the WTBTS. It would show '' brazen conduct ''.

In the 35 years as a Witness, I never saw a beard in my congregation. Sideburns were to be trimmed after a certain length, hair that was hanging on your shirt collar was to be trimmed. If you would not abide by these rules you couldn't give a talk. Colored shits and wild ties were frowned upon.

It's a stupid rule by stupid old men in New York. True preachers saleman is what they are.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Ok someone (not me) write the GB-2.0 a letter on this topic to see if they would revisit this topic !!!

Never know what "new light" will come out of this "over-lapping group of anointed" LOL.

• integ
    integ

Jesse (not his real name) endeavored to serve his heavenly creator more fully and he shared this story:

"We've been warned from the plaform about spending too much time with worldly relatives and despite the warning's given through the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class I made a foolhardy decision to accept an invitation from my worldly grandmother to attend a picnic where other worldly relatives would be in attendance such as aunts, uncles and cousins. What a foolhardy decision. My conscience was indeed affected. They played competitive games such as badminton and croquet and displayed a worldly attitude of WIN NOW."

I also noticed that some of my worldly relatives were wearing beards. It sickened me to be in association with those who obviously hate what is good and love what is bad. I have been taught that our Superlative Creator HATES beards, or else why wouldn't he allow our dear elders at the Kingdom Hall to wear them?

When the meal was being served my grandmother asked my worldly uncle to say a prayer. I immediately stood up and made a stand for pure worship. I said "I have reluctantly accepted the invitation to attend this gathering but I cannot in good conscience stay any longer. As you all know, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. We have the Truth. What you have is a LIE... a disgusting, filthy LIE. I will not listen to a prayer directed to a nameless god, nor will I stay any longer at this gathering. Since I have arrived here I have witnessed a spirit of competitiveness amongst the family members participating in what you call HARMLESS games. I have also overheard conversations where certain ones are expressing a spirit of materilaism in talikng about their so called achievements in life. I am pursuing righteousness with the goal of everlasting life in a glorious new order. I adhere to the direction of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class as mentioned in the bible at Matthew 24:14. I will now take my leave from this gathering of those who do not stand for pure worship. My family is Jah's Organization..not evildoers like those in attendance at this gathering.

With that I left."

"Jesse" is now giving talks in the Theocratic Ministry School and just turned 9 yr's old.

What a fine example for all young ones desiring to worship with a clean conscience.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

My mother told me when I asked about this once that a man with a big beard can be a bit scary to women householders on field service and beards can be associated with religious extremists or beatniks.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just read the article on jwfacts, and once again it has come to my attention there was something that i knew nothing about. I was always under the impression that the beard thing was to do with the hippie thing back in the 60s, and to set us apart from that. I had no idea that it was an attempt to stamp out Russellisim by Rutherford. How very interesting. Goes to show there is always something new you can learn.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The "Require" brochure had an extreme example. The Bible student has sideburns extending to the bottom of the ear, but as he progresses, his sideburns are cut above the ear.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I really hate topics like this.. They show ignorance as stubbornness. Second amendmentish.

There are those that say:"Jesus had a beard". Well they did not have scissors or razors or electric shavers. If they did they would not have had beards.

Is it a matter of trusting some one whom you can't see their face? YES. (Same with wearing sunglasses) That is why US presidents have not had them for the last 80 some years.

Beards on Business Leaders: A Strength or a Curse?

Read more: http://www.minyanville.com/business-news/editors-pick/articles/Beards-on-Business-Leaders-beards-CEOs/2/21/2013/id/48227#ixzz2zzi8GOAG

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/beards-business-leaders-strength-curse-211800736.html;_ylt=A0LEV15goFtTiUkAf51XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzb2R0ZDZ0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x

Thinking about growing a beard? There are some issues you need to consider.

It is a matter of thinking and considering the issue.

Image consultant to CEOs and executives, Sue Jacques, based in Canada, tells Minyanville she advises business leaders to think it through before they grow a beard. She suggests CEOs grow their beards on vacation to ensure their colleagues don't see facial hair in its half-grown ugly-duck phase. Arriving at work with a partially grown beard can have a negative impact on your success. After all, it can be hard to do serious business with someone who looks like they just rolled out of bed after a bender," Jacques said.

I agree. This day old shadow looks lazy.

"If you're unemployed or looking for a new job opportunity, clean shaven is still best, according to recent studies."

A 2003 University of Sao Paulo study showed a North American bias against beards in hiring decisions. Sixty percent of personnel managers said they preferred clean-shaven men as a boss, compared to 15% who preferred a bearded boss. Another 2003 study "The Influence of Appearance on Personnel Factors" found something similar: Bearded men were promoted to managerial positions at lower rates than their clean-shaven co-workers.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Want a great job? Then shave

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/want-a-great-job-then-shave/

COMMENTARY If you look at pictures of Fortune 500 CEOs, you might be in for a surprise. Very few have facial hair. In fact, hardly any do. The same is true of American political leaders.

Why is that? What's the big hairy problem with leaders having facial hair? Clearly, it bucks the societal trend. Stubble, mustaches and beards of all kinds have been the rage for years. It's definitely cool to have facial hair. Just not if you're an executive or business leader.

There are exceptions, of course.

Several studies I came across actually did conclude a positive bias toward clean-shaven men in business hiring decisions. Not only that, but shaving also makes you look younger and less like a lumberjack or homeless person. I'm just saying.

Incidentally, when I became a consultant, two former CEOs commented on my beard. One said I should stand closer to my razor, and the other said I looked more like a rock star than a management consultant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit