New Article on BEARDS and Attire of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwfacts 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

punkofnice,

How about my anal hairs, do they suit me would have been my reply!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SOTT - Nice reply and perhaps I could have asked if they shave their rude parts too.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wore a beard for more than a decade, I gave Public Talks home and away, here in the U.K But it was an issue with some who followed the Party Line as trickling across to us from th U.S.A.

I also did not own a suit for many of those years, just smart trousers and a jacket that complemented them, but obviously was not a suit. Again, no problem.

I was shown the "No beard " directive in a small booklet given to those taking Circuit and District Assembly parts, this was in the late Eighties.

Some years after this Bros with beards were used on the Platform at such Assys locally, as they were in Scandinavia, where the pool of "clean-shaven"* Bros was quite small.

* "Clean-shaven". there's a loaded expression !

• piztjw
    piztjw

26 “‘You must eat nothing containing blood.+ “‘You must not look for omens or practice magic.+

27 “‘You must not shave* the hair on the side of your head* or disfigure the edges of your beard.+

I can hardly wait to use these verses with a few JW's. I will say, "Isn't it shameful how some religions pick and choose what commands found in the Bible they will choose to obey? For instance, can you imagine the hypocrisy of a professed Christian growing long hair and a beard because the Mosaic law said not to shave, and then turning around and getting a transfusion during surgery?"

Of course being the good dubs they are they will quickly agree. Then I can ask them, "So what is the difference in reversing the commands YOU enforce?"

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Clean shavenness is so 20th century. Facial hair moves in 100 year cycles. We are looking at a bearded 21st century.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" We are looking at a bearded 21st century." And that's only the women ! LOL

The WT/JW org religion is stuck in 1950, so don't expect much progress there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit