New Article on BEARDS and Attire of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwfacts 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Unbelievable, right? Good point FF

• designs
    designs

NEW LIGHT!!!: Jesus reached puberty!!!!!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Yes dubs can have beards provided they don't speak before the congregation. My gut feeling to "never trust a clean shaven salesman" has served me well my entire life.

If your Dad doesn't have a beard you've got two moms!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it is hilarious that in an earlier article scriptures were used to explain why we know Jesus didnt have a beard. Later the same scriptures were used to show why jesus had a beard.

This whole issue is as ridiculous as that of the Alpha and Omega - in 1976(??) it jumped from Jehovah to Jesus and back and forth for several months.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Classic Ad to the Right of the Article :

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

If an Elder questions your Beard in the Future you can provide this answer :

"Well Brother Elder,I do not want to be like a Man, who looks in the Mirror, and then Forgets who he is as James 1:24 cautions "for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was." You see Brother, a long time ago, when God Introduced Religion to Humans he gave them Commands, one of these commands was to "not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." When James (A brother of Jesus) looked in a Mirror he Saw his Beard, and His Beard was a reminder that he was a Servant of Jehovah God. You see Brother Elder, in "Bible Times" shaving your Beard was a very Humiliating matter. Let me ask you a Question.. How would it look if I entered the Kingdom Hall with half of My Buttocks Showing, due to my Pants being Half Cut off ? Bearing my Butt Cheeks is the same as not having a Beard.. King David would certainly allow me to wear a Beard.. Will You?"

2 Samuel 10:4 "So Hanun took David's servants and shaved off half of their beards, and cut off their garments in the middle as far as their hips, and sent them away.5 When they told it to David, he sent to meet them, for the men were greatly humiliated. And the king said, "Stay at Jericho until your beards grow, and then return."…"

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

dozy, Dress and Grooming – Those giving talks should wear suits. If your talk calls for an interview or a demonstration,please do not use any brother who wears a beard

What is the source of this direction. My guess would be a CO or DO's letter. This doesn't sound like something straight from the WTBTS.

Do you have a copy of the original you could post?

Thanks,

Oubliette

• piztjw
    piztjw

I said "no, I don't see any moustaches either, does that mean they're banned as well?"

In the cong. where I sometimes show up every last brother shaved their moustaches off immediately after the first CO visit following this pamphlet being posted. One of the holier-than-thou eldurrs had the nerve to come up and ask me, "When are you going to pluck your Malboro man moustache?'

I said, "As soon as you go 'pluck' yourself!" The dope said he'd shaved his off. Sorry SOB didn't get it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a JW I was told by a few patronising sanctimonious looking down their noses snotty drones, "Oh, that beard doesn't suit you!"

TRANSLATION: Jehovah(tm) will kill you lovingly for wearing it but he won't kill US!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit