More WT Propaganda: Low Paying Jobs are OK for Family Heads. Just "Don't Miss the Meetings!"

by Oubliette 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Jesus didnt have a place to lay his own head"

Jesus was dead at 33 years old. Is this the example that every Christian ought to copy?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

SNAP!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

SFPW, you crackin' me up :)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

SFPW--you are obviously a younger person not retired. You are much like many of us once WERE. Naive! Comparing our circumstances with that of Jesus is ridiculous. If we could raise the dead, walk on water, turn 2 fish and 5 loaves into a banquet, etc., etc. we would have every reason to forsake everything for serving God. BUT!

eyeuse2badub

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

eyeuse2badub:

I couldn't agree with you more.

I hate when people compare modern times to bible times and fantasize that people could literally live like Jesus and the disciples did. It isn't even the same world. The whole damn planet is different.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LongHairGal,

So, you're saying that Jesus didn't post on the Internet?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi Billy,

No, I guess he didn't.

People who imagine they can live like "Jesus did" must think they can go around the countryside like a vagabond. Well, they'd be arrested for poaching or fishing without a license. It isn't like the olden days where there is some magic untouched wilderness that belongs to nobody that you can roam through.

Too many Witnesses are so heavy into fantasy and wishful thinking that they do not even bother to think about the realities in the world around them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Now when I meet people that don't shower, use deodorant, or brush their teeth, it's safe to assume they are just trying to live like Christ.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I see no one on this thread has taken Matthew 6 to heart. Typical."

Where does the idea come from that meetings and field service = seeking kingdom at all?

This is the only reason that I like obamacare. These poor low paying workers can't afford health care and will be fined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit