More WT Propaganda: Low Paying Jobs are OK for Family Heads. Just "Don't Miss the Meetings!"

by Oubliette 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

God, evidently, wants you to be poor:

• A newly baptized brother is married, and he and his wife have three small children. One day, a workmate suggested that he and the brother move to another company that paid a higher wage and provided more benefits. Our brother thought and prayed about the matter. He had originally chosen his present job, which did not pay particularly well, in order to have the weekends off, allowing him to attend the meetings and be in the ministry with his family. He reflected on the reality that he would not have such a schedule if he took the new job —at least not for some time. What would you have done? Weighing spiritual benefits against a higher income, the brother turned down the other job. Do you think that he came to regret the decision? - WT, September 15, 2013, p.26, para. 16-17 - Emphasis added
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

This same imaginary brother is nevertheless "compelled" to give generously to the WTBT$ dispite his approved low paying job.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Do you think that he came to regret the decision?"

Yes. Yes I do. I certainly regret the terrible decisions I made based on WT propaganda.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great comments guys! I suppose that's why you're now Billy the EX-Bethelite!!! How are your classes coming? When do you graduate?

Comments like these in the WT are so ridiculous. The create a fictional guy with a wife and three kids and actually RECOMMEND he stay in a job "which did not pay particularly well."

It should be criminal.

• hoser
    hoser

I know that guy. The guy who refuses to work a job that requires the odd saturday morning shift or evening but has no problem taking food stamps or other government handouts.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I see no one on this thread has taken Matthew 6 to heart. Typical.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

What lunacy!!

I know plenty right now that can't retire because they stuck with low paying job so they could put the "kinnom" (seriously this is how the COBE pronounces kingdom) first. Now they regret it and they complain that they will have to work into their eighties to survive.

But the "kings of the hill" will still ask for their "pound of flesh".

• hoser
    hoser

What does Matthew 6 have to do with missing meetings for work? Nothing.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SFPW: Are you're alluding to Mt 6:33 with it's admonition to "Seek first the kingdom"?

Can you explain to me how does attending meetings of JWs equate with "seeking first the kingdom"? Can you do so without referencing any WT publications or quoting any of their slogans?

And, while we're on the subject, what of the Bible admonition for a man to provide for his family? (1 Timothy 5:8)

• hoser
    hoser

Well said Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit