More WT Propaganda: Low Paying Jobs are OK for Family Heads. Just "Don't Miss the Meetings!"

by Oubliette 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

This "experience" has all the hallmarks of a classic made up WTBTS story. Not dis-similar to the classic "teenage girl gets offered a job paying 20 times the wage of a skilled worker and turns it down" tale from a couple of years ago.

w11 5/15 p. 12 par. 5 Christian Families—“Keep Ready” ***

Consider the example of a teenage girl in the country of Ethiopia. She did so well in her schoolwork that upon completing her basic education, she was offered a scholarship for further education. Having her eye focused on serving Jehovah, however, she turned down the scholarship. Soon thereafter, she received a job offer that would pay her 3,000 euros a month—a high amount in comparison with the average wages in her country. But the girl’s “eye” was set on pioneer service. She did not need to consult her parents to turn down the job. How did her parents feel on learning what their daughter had done? Why, they rejoiced with her and told her how proud they were of her!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bumpin' it for those that "studied" the WT this week and for those that are interested in knowing how our friends and family members still stuck in the cult are being indoctrinated and oppressed.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The harm this cult has done to generations of families is irreprehensible. Families have been doomed to a life of poverty, becuase of heeding the stupid advise of the Watchtower and slaving for this religious publishing corporation. JW's are looked down upon for normal things like getting a college education, a good paying job or career, and even saving for retirement. What other religious organization is crazy like this with their members over such normal things in life?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Most religions want their members to do the opposite, to get good jobs, because they know they will get more contributions. The Jehovah's witnesses are unique in that they not only want you in a slave wage job, they want all your additional time and money as well. The experience they give make you feel is designed to make you feel guilty if you aspire to a better standard of living. This girl mentioned was completely stupid to walk away from an offer like that. She could earn the money, give some to her family to help lift them out of poverty, and still serve the religion. That is if this story is even true, I suspect it's not.

I worked full time from the time my children were small. I had to, my husband could not keep a job. I am sure many thought I should just quit and be a stay at home mom, but I just couldn't live like that, scratching by paycheck to paycheck and never knowing if my husband was going to quit and leave us with no money to pay the rent. I found that just waiting and trusting Jehovah did not work, I assumed he gave me a brain for some reason, maybe I should use it. I got the best job I could, worked hard and eventually ended up making pretty good money. It went against everything the Watchtower said I should do, but I am so glad now I did. If I had done what I was supposed to I would never have been able to buy a home or put money away for retirement.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I guess I'll have to be the oddball in this thread because I found this lesson to be timely and absolutely necessary. It's difficult at times to say that modern civilization consists of individuals and groups of peoples because the ultimate reality is that modern civilization consists of consumers. Especially here in the U.S. is that especially true. Wives don't have husbands, and children don't have parents despite living in the same home as the other physical components of their family unit. Why? The answer is because the husband is too busy making a living, or the wife too busy supplementing the husband's income. Yeah it's nice that junior has an X-Box, but of what use it if he can't discuss it with his father at dinner because daddy is too busy putting in extra hours at the office.

Theocratic activities especially suffer because of an imbalanced view towards making a living. Missed meetings, missed field service, missed family worship night, etc.. Why? Because of not being satisfied with fulfilling the physical needs of the family, one or possibly both of the parents are too busy making a living or trying to accomplish the American Dream. It's really sad. They give extra to Caesar and go above and beyond for Uncle Sam, but shortchange Jehovah.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They give extra to Caesar and go above and beyond for Uncle Sam, but shortchange Jehovah.....SFPW

..Dam Rights they Do!..I`m a WBT$ GB Rock Star Pope!!..

....I represent Jehovah and I need a New Pair of Shoes..

.....................Where`s my "Effin" New Shoes?!..

...............................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SFPW: I guess I'll have to be the oddball in this thread

You're the oddball on EVERY thread.

Why? Because you say things like this:

Wives don't have husbands, and children don't have parents despite living in the same home as the other physical components of their family unit. Why? The answer is because the husband is too busy making a living, or the wife too busy supplementing the husband's income. Yeah it's nice that junior has an X-Box, but of what use it if he can't discuss it with his father at dinner because daddy is too busy putting in extra hours at the office.

Besides the fact that your reasoning is completely non sequitor, I have to point out the replacing "extra hours at the office" with "attending meetings" and going out in "the ministry" do NOT bring families closer together.

As someone used to like to say: Let's review: It's a cult!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Billy the Bethelite,

Regular reading of the Awake & Watchtower magazines would qualify you for at least one university degree:

- a BS from Tasmania's University of Lower Crackpot.

(Except in this case, "BS" means "Bachelor of Stupidity"!)

Bill.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow, SFPW's delusions seem to have no limit. Here are the main points of the article when the fluff and fictional anecdotes are removed.

Paragraph #1

Non-JWs/ bad people feel that they have rights and can make decisions.

Paragraph #3

Jehovah THE GB make guidelines. There are no gray areas, only the WTBTS's guidelines. [ This becomes apparent when anyone exercises their choices in "gray" areas. You quickly learn that there is only black and white.]

Paragraph #5

YOU are incapable of making a decision without WTBTS input and interference. YOUR mind is flawed and they speak for GOD. SATAN watches the decisions of every single JW, make just one without consulting the WTBTS and it could spell your doom.

Paragraph #6

Conform your thinking the the GB's will and desires.

Paragraph #9

Your mind will become your own if you are clear of WTBTS interference. Your mind must be "calibrated" on a regular basis. [ Hence the never-ending schedule of man-made do's and don't and works for the WTBTS.]

Paragraph #10

The GB will tell you what GOD is thinking about everything from counting service time to IVF and sexual positions.]

Paragraph #12

Look like a dub. Don't spend money on clothing that you could be contributing to the WTBTS.

Paragraph #16

Can you get a better job to support your family? Too bad. The GB says that you are bad if you miss meetings, even temporarily. [ Remember that your mind needs frequent calibration.]

Paragraph #17

Dubs with calibrated minds allow their children to be baptized at age 10. This is a sign of good parenting. Good parents allow their minor children to sign contracts with Corporations who will basically use them as child labor.

Paragraph #18

Don't doubt the GB, please don't leave and take your money with you! Jesus will do something any second now! Jesus has been leading JWs for decades?!?! Yeah, about 10 decades! It sounds worse if you say a century. Now is not the time to let your mind reason, or to have any personal aspirations! Now is the time to let the GB determine their will for you and your family. JWs who obey the GB are worthy of the prospect of a chance at eternal life, SOON, if they obey the GB without question.

SFPW, just a reminder that the people in the pictures are JW actors. They are not real people or bible studies. They are as fake as the picture of Sam Herd going in service. It's an advertisement.

DD

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Funny, now my husband and I aren't rushing from pillar to post to get ready for meetings, prep our loungeroom for the witnessing group, have him rushing to get to the hall early and stay late to do the magazine counter and sound system, and driving to and from assemblies in the boondocks and getting suits drycleaned and all the stupid prestudy, we actually have a lot more time with each other, even though he now has a job that causes him to miss meetings. Now we don't have to work as much as we did when we were JWs because we don't have to pay for meeting clothes, we use far less petrol, no contributions, tolls for the road to the assemblies, parking at the DC and all that.

If Andre or whoever actually stopped all the JW stuff he wouldn't need to work as much...ironic.

I work heaps less than when I was a JW and seem to have more money around these days...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit