How to accept the actions of the Old Testament God

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

two atheist appaulled me today and it not my birthday! your still having wt false teaching ideas, what i mean by that is the bible does not say new scrolls ,the verse in rev 2o says another scroll, it is the scroll that the dead are jugded on, there deeds before the great white throne. the wt says new but thats not in the bible.

LOL.. thanks for that. I was trying to figure out what scrolls were being talked about here. Rev 20:12, then, right?

And yet anther good thread is hijacked. Tammy you are a troll.

Actually, you're the one trolling me. You're a hypocrite (whining about SBF 'trolling' you, but then doing the same thing to me) On every thread I post on... you are the little drummer boy to my hester prynn. You want me off these threads... then when I start a thread so as NOT to hijack someone else's... you come over there and start hijacking that one. I simply answered the questions that the OP asked of me. You don't like that? You don't like me? Tough. Don't read my posts. But you are not an elder here, who gets to say who speaks and who is silent. And I don't have to listen to you.

Do you see how absurd that line of excusiology is, TEC?

Do I see how you totally created a strawman out of what I said? Yes, I do. Lol.

Peace,

tammy

• zound
    zound

Tammy, what is your answer to the question?

• Laika
    Laika

Jesus himself repudiated parts of the old testament. "you have heard that it was said 'eye for an eye'... but I say to you..." and whilst the OT gave the Israelites the permission to hate their enemies and even features God commanding them to be slaughtered, Jesus forbade this 'love your enemies' and also made loving our enemies the precondition to us being children of god. (Matthew 5:45)

I agree though, of course, it does present a conundrum.

This short video, whilst hardly definitive, might help a little: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQibs0mgTi8,

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy your motive is recruitment. You were found out yesterday but you have no shame.

You have no voices in your head. The dead carpenter does not talk to you. You are not special.

You prey on spiritually vulnerable people and manipluate them with self-aggrandising stories and boasts of special insights and powers.

This thread is about how believers in the OT justify the immoral actions of Yahweh. Nobody cares about yor fantasies.

whining about SBF 'trolling' you

SBF and I are friends who respect each other's opinions despite our differences.

It was a game, he was very good at it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: preceived immoral actions of yahweh:)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec: yes rev 2o,

• cofty
    cofty

preceived immoral actions of yahweh:) - Unstop

Then explain how they are not immoral.

Under what posisble circumstances can murdering babies in cold blood be moral?

So far in this thread you have offered absolutely no defnense of god at all. Why not?

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus himself repudiated parts of the old testament. - Laika

No he didn't. He asked his followers to go even further than the letter of the Law but he never rejected a single word of it's historical reality.

• tec
    tec

I have no motive of recruitment. Everything surrounding that accusation was a lie... other than that I did extend an invitation, no pressure, to someone who was engaging me on matters of faith and spirit... and now that is being spread by you as well. You could not care less what the truth is. And you are the one derailing this thread. Not me. I am not going to continue... this is my last exchange on this matter with you. Apologies to the OP.

Zound... the truth about Uzzah was given and shared by another person who belongs to Christ and hears Him. I just also heard the truth in what was being shared. So I cannot speak more on that example, as it was not given to ME to share. But it did help me see how some things were explained as God striking someone down, when in truth, that is just what men THOUGHT happened. I already knew that man attributes killing to God, when deaths have come as a natural consequence to not listening to God, when He has only warned people away from harm. Like how people read 'eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and bad... and I will kill you'... when the account truthfully states, "eat from that tree... and you will die."

Consequence. Not punishment.

Peace,

tammy

• zound
    zound

Thanks for the answer - the truth about Uzzah was given and shared by another person who belongs to Christ and hears Him

So you mean someone else in our modern world was given the truth about this account and they related it to you?

Sorry, just so I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit