How to accept the actions of the Old Testament God

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Adam and Laika - I could not disagree more. You have both disregarded the context of Jesus words.

It would make a good thread topic perhaps.

• tec
    tec

The age-old practice of adding words to the Bible continues, despite the heavily-ignored warning given by Moses, not to tinker with the Torah:

It was already "tinkered" with, love. Even says so right there in the OT. Jeremiah 8:8.

Just a sayin'

And of the threestanding there when God spoke (Peter and John witnessing), those three being Moses and Elijah and Chist... God said, "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to HIM."

So if one is going to listen to God (and also to Moses, who said that one would come after Him that we are to listen TO)... then one will listen to His Son.

Peace,

tammy

• zound
    zound

Hey Tammy, just to repeat:

Thanks for the answer - the truth about Uzzah was given and shared by another person who belongs to Christ and hears Him

So you mean someone else in our modern world was given the truth about this account and they related it to you?

Sorry, just so I understand.

(Also if you could mention who this person is that would be great - but I'd settle for at least the first question)

• adamah
    adamah

Adam said- The age-old practice of adding words to the Bible continues, despite the heavily-ignored warning given by Moses, not to tinker with the Torah:

TEC said- It was already "tinkered" with, love. Even says so right there in the OT. Jeremiah 8:8. Just a sayin'.

Oh my Gawd, TEC: you're really going to try to use the old, "but they did it, too!" excuse to dismiss YOUR and other's violation of the scriptural command in Deuteronomy?

You're apparently a bigger atheist than even Cofty and I are, since you're willing to add concepts to the Bible in order to exploit your fellow man to sell your Jesus-hearing spiel; that's far more amoral, sinister and insulting to God and Jesus than pointing out how the BS found in the Bible allows such victimization to occur, in the first place. Proof-positive that believing in God of the Bible creates individuals with morally-atropied consciences, due to widespread neglect and disuse.

Adam

• tec
    tec

No need to apologize, Zound!

Yes, someone today in the modern world ; )

Yes, I also heard the truth of what was shared. (I don't know if you recall me stating the tests for what someone else claims to have heard from the Spirit... it is on the thread I started a couple of days ago, so not hard to find)

But no, I cannot answer your second question. It is not my place to put someone else in the spotlight.

(Even Paul did not do that... when he spoke of "the man he knew who had been caught up to the 'third heaven' to hear all sorts of things")

Oh my Gawd, TEC: you're really going to try to use the old, "but they did it, too!" excuse to dismiss YOUR and other's violation of the scriptural command in Deuteronomy?

Nope... I did not do that, love. If something is tinkered with, and you know something was tinkered with because you have heard from the Truth (and it is even written to back Him up)... then you're not actually tinkering or adding anything yourself to speak as to the truth of a matter that He has told you.

Just plain old looking up the original greek (or whatever) can have someone realizing that something as it is now written... is not as it originally was meant to BE written.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

But no, I cannot answer your second question. It is not my place to put someone else in the spotlight.

Her name is Shelby. She used to post here as AGuest until she got banned. She is Tammy's guru.

They have another forum but it all happens in the members-only area where everybody has to pledge secrecy.

Tammy used to post here like an authentic person until she fell under Shelby's spell. Now she robotically repeats the voice-hearer cult mantra over and over.

• tec
    tec

Wrong, love... on all accounts.

But you keep on beating that drum.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I told you to stop calling me "love".

• zound
    zound

I think I'll retire from these kind of threads from here on out.

In all seriousness Tammy. I hope you know what you're doing and saying and feeling - I hope you are being completely honest with yourself. And I hope you most important are being honest with others.

Kind regards & goodbye.

Zound

• Black Man
    Black Man

Excellent thread! I'd love to one day get a thread started ITEMIZING all of the atrocities of the Hebrew Scripture God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit