How to accept the actions of the Old Testament God

by confusedandalone 113 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: does my illustration make any sense to you????

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

UNSTOPPABLERAVEN I WILL NEVER ASK YOU ANOTHER QUESTION EVER AGAIN JUST PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE... I also hold this question out to every single believer.

If GOD somehow miraculously sent a new scroll and within it, it told you to kill the children and pregnant women of your adversaries would you do it?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

shadow - " A person dying is simply going to sleep for a short time." Or forever right or not at all???

• tec
    tec

Anyway is there truly a valid reason to believe that the actions of the Old Testament God are in some way valid?

Depends upon which actions we are talking about.

Not everything that man attributed TO God... is the truth. Not every word written in the OT... is the truth. Add a few words or phrases here or there... put a spin here or there according to what you THINK happened... and we get a different image of God than the truth. (the same way the wts adds to or takes away from... or even chooses one particular translation over another... to get their readers to go along with THEIR understanding)

If man knew the Truth before Christ came... then what need would there have been for the Truth TO come?

There are also some laws that were given due to the hard-heartedness of the Israelites. Christ said... "Moses gave you this law because your hearts were hard, but it was not this way from the beginning".

Some things written are also simply misunderstood/mistranslated, because GOD was misunderstood by the scribes and teachers of the law (due to their own hard-heartedness; or their own desires/fears/ignorance). Someone died? God's anger must have blazed against them. So that there can be some truth and some falsehood in the same account. Truth in that the person died... (perhaps as a result of doing something that God commanded against (for our own safety and well-being)...)... falsehood that God targeted and killed the person in punishment.

Christ is the one who reveals God and makes Him known. No one and nothing else is the Truth or the Word or the Image of God.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

A person dying is simply going to sleep for a short time. - Shadow

This is the lie that murderes, inquisitors and conquistadors have used over history to excuse the most appalling atrocities in human history.

cofty: does my illustration make any sense to you???? - Unstop

None at all. You have personal responsibility for your own actions.

If you think it is OK to murder in the name of god how are you different from terrorists who fly planes into buildings in the name of Allah?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Please Tammyy tell me how do you know exactly which stories can be attributed to god and which to man. more importantly how do you know?

Also, how is a god so powerful that he stops the earth from moving so his homies can win a war not powerful enopugh to ensure his letter to humankind is not tampered with to the point that it is full of lies.

For Dogs sake if he can strike someone dead for touching the ark why cant he do the same for the bible which apparently is far more precious

• cofty
    cofty

Please don't invite Tammy to start with her "listen to te dead carpenter" bullshit yet again! We know the answer we have heard it a million times.

It's a good thread - don't offer it up to a troll who is only looking for new followers.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"don't offer it up to a troll who is only looking for new followers."

Something leads me to believe that the question I have asked has been asked before LOL

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

It's only OK when Cthulhu tells me to do it.

• cofty
    cofty

Something leads me to believe that the question I have asked has been asked before LOL

Tammy has 12 398 posts. 12 398 of them are about how the dead carpenter tells her what is true and what isn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit