A new start? Watchtower renaming at HQ Columbia Heights

by Gorbatchov 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

SFPW: Even if there was some unflattering piece of history that they no longer wanted to be associated with, do you really think in this day and age of media and the Internet, they would be capable of doing so?

A bunch of guys with no original ideas of their own are probably being told that they can separate their logo from their history. Their own ignorance of the information age will make them waste time, money, and efforts on doing so.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Nothing like a good ol' rebranding campaign.

• designs
    designs

The "Mad Men" start a new advertising campaign...

Step right up ladies and gentlemen our new snake oil is truly the finest available.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I guess the likes of "God's name is ..." or "Read about the good news of ..." cannot compete with shameless self-promotion.

Watchtower is about Watchtower. Nothing more. Nothing less. It's a business being run like a business.

Marvin Shilmer

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Why not put www.jehovahs-witnesss.net on the nearest billboard to the Watchtower?

• tiki
    tiki

wow - who'd have thought it would come to this......very curious indeed.

• Dagney
    Dagney

i think the marketing of JW.org is very intentional. How many thousands have stumbled on JWD/JWN by trying to look up the WTBS home page! I think they want to work against that by making the addy easy, simple and unforgettable. They don't want anybody searching WBTS, OR Jehovah's Witnesses.

Old timers won't know what to think, but they don't care about what people think. They only care about the corporations's survival.

It's getting interesting to say the least.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Stands for true worship...

Calling JW's the "True Religion" , is the same as saying I have the "one and only haircut".

Religion is a man made devise that Jesus was not fond of according to his teachings regarding the religion he was born into.

You are suggesting accurate and reliable information can only be found on JW.org. I would say that is true to an extend. Much soft peddled information is certainly there. However, no critical analsis of any doctrines or teachings is ever listed or allowed. I mean, you had annonymous people, eradicate 13% of words in acripture, and didn't even submit what the changes were? If the society has nothing to hide, why is it not more honest and forthright about its mistakes? Satan didn't set up this website you are on and commenting on now (of which you are welcome to do and I am glad you are here). Simon did, because he wanted to help others that suffered as they left and were shunned.

You cannot call yourself the truth and then lie......even a little. Is it your summation that all non JW.org sites do not have accurate information?

Trust is earned through telling the truth, and honest dealing. Trust cannot be demanded and still maintain its virtue.

• steve2
    steve2

The word "Watchtower" has acrued negative connotations in its more general usage among non-JWs. When the word is used by non-JWs, it is almost always as a way to denote the state of being monitored or under surveillance. For example, state penitentiaries have watchtowers to carry out surveillance on inmates. It is a word that fits in with the Orwellian view of the life.

So, quite apart from the religious baggage the word has accrued under the behaviour of the organization over the decades (relatively minor in the eyes of the world), it is not a flattering or hopeful word.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

rofl box i just got it "stfu"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit