A new start? Watchtower renaming at HQ Columbia Heights

by Gorbatchov 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This is absolutely fantastic. The more JW's are encouraged to get online and searching the WEB, the more they will be having a wee peek at websites like this!

Truth is seen through key-holes.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I think the current leadership will make a transfer to a new start. No more old Watchtower related problems about years, presidents, scandals."

Yup, that is what I think too. That is the purpose of the new songbook, new Bible. To draw the line to show who the new JWs are.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Wonder if a name change is "new light" on the horizon? After all scoundrel Judge Rutherford gave them the name Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931. I could see this rapid fire "new light" Governing Body doing this to cut ties with Rutherford, and the negative connotation associated with the name Jehovah's Witnesses. After all, this is the same leaders who denied there was a "Faithful & Discreet Slave" class in that Australian court case.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Maybe they'll get rid of the name Watchtower on the rags and just have the title JW.org? Even more distance from its wacky history..

• steve2
    steve2

A religious group, like any money-making enterprise, that does not evolve is doomed to obscurity.

Even so-called "first-century" Christianity, under Paul's rant-driven letters to the assorted congregations of his day, became an increasingly "rule"-bound system. Compare the simplicity of the "Sermon on the Mount" with the troubling complications of the letters to the Corinthians. A rule for this and a rule for that and a snidely self-righteous comment here and there for good measure. That is why it is a nonsense worthy of loud laughter for any group to claim it has returned to the principles of first century Christianity. Oh yeah? Is your group closer to the Sermon on the Mount or the vexed law-and-order opinions of an ex-pharisee?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

May people know that you, whose name is JW.org you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Psalms 83:18

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

May people know that you, whose name is JW.org you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

When I left in 1995, having a computer & the internet was the devil.

Ever-changing-what-the-hell-they-believe JW.morons.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Just to add to the (formerly) negative attitude about refering to Jehovah's Witnesses as 'JW's', my wife walked in on a Skype session with my mother (who is not a JW) asking me if I was still going to the 'JW' meetings. My wife sat down and after the call, made mention of it. I showed her the latest WT and said: apparently it is ok now. That is what they are now refering to themselves as (again).

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Let's start a countdown to see how long before the word "Watchtower" is completely expunged from the JW vocabulary... that is definitely part of the rebranding plan it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit