A new start? Watchtower renaming at HQ Columbia Heights

by Gorbatchov 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It doesn't matter if the governing clownbags carry pink backpacks for the rest of their life..... they are selling a pig in a poke....and someday people will figure it out.

Start a new topic in 'Jehovah's Witnesses / Friends'

You have already started 0 topic(s) in the last 24 hours out of your limit of 0.
    You cannot start another until your oldest topic expires 12 years ago .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Gorbatchov:

Seriously. Is this for real, or is this a joke? Are they REALLY renaming it??

I thought they were clearing out of Brooklyn.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I doubt they are removing the Watchtower signs from the office complex.

They are adding these JW.ORG banners until the bldgs are sold.

But instead of promoting Bible reading they are promoting a website. The new gb are trying to change the religion and image of Jehovah's Witnesses into what they want it to be, they are corrupt corporate businessmen, power hungry control freaks and glory seekers! LOL!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Man, am I late to this party. I don't know how I missed this one. Must've been on sabbatical from this site for awhile. Well. That makes it all make so much more sense. If there's one thing that symbolizes GB 2.0 in full, it's this whole change in the setup right here.

--sd-7

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Will we be seeing this very soon?

Very possible, if not probable...

JV

• prologos
    prologos

They could have had alliteration:

BORG.ORG

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Knock, knock...

"Hello, we have an invitation to a very important meeting being held here in Urtown..."

"Hold on a minute. Are you Jehovah's Witnesses?"

"Not any longer. We are now known as 'JW Orgers'."

"Don't you give away those Watchtower magazines?"

"Not Watchtower any more. You'll find our website address on the invitation and you can download all our literature yourself. But we welcome donations."

"What is the name of your download magazine?"

"The Governing Body's New Light Journal. You can print it out yourself. It has the very latest truth as the Governing Body declares it to be."

Slam!!!

----------------------------------------

Remember that back in the 1930s the Witnesses would drive into quiet neighborhoods and play Rutherford's speeches through huge horns attached to the roofs of sound trucks. Placards and signs on the sides of the trucks would often say something like, "Judge Rutherford Speaks!"

----------------------------------------------

I think it is interesting that when you go on the contact page of JW.org and try to send an email to whomever the "contact" might be, in most browsers the link will not work. Why don't they just put up a clear text link that says: "Email Us at [email protected] or [email protected]" ?"

Here is what I get when I click on the Email Link:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/?view%3Dcm%26fs%3D1%26tf%3D1%26to%26body%3DContact%2BUs:%2BUnited%2BStates%2Bhttp://www.jw.org/finder?locale%253Den%2526docid%253D502012366%26su%3DContact%2BUs:%2BUnited%2BStates&scc=1<mpl=default<mplcache=2&emr=1

Geez. Something so simple and they can't even get that right...

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit