A new start? Watchtower renaming at HQ Columbia Heights

by Gorbatchov 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................................................................JW.BORG

photo WTborg.jpg

.................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Interesting change. Instead of just trying to link themselves to Jehovah, the GB is now trying to link themselves to all JWs. Say anything bad about JW.org and JWs may think that someone is attacking them personally instead of the Org.

If more JWs do become connected, it will probably increase the number of JWs learning TTATT. If the WTBTS is transforming itself into a real estate holding company, it is probably in their best interest to lose about 3/4 of all JWs so that they can sell more real estate.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stand for Pure Worship says .....

Doubt it. For one thing they have nothing to hide or distance themselves from.

Except the fact that pretty much everything what the Watchtower Corporation said was going to

happen in the last 20th century for over 100 years didn't occur.

Under that premise what better and appropriate time to reinvent an organization that has built itself up around

the proclamation that it was the only pure and truthful Christian faith among the many others.

Ironic isn't SFPW that its actually " The Truth " has become the most damaging aspect of this

organization that it has to confront in its foreseeable future.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Why not put www.jehovahs-witnesss.net on the nearest billboard to the Watchtower? " - lamallcol

I think that is an excellent idea.

I am willing to donate.

Ismael

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^I'll donate.

• BluePill2
  • prologos
    prologos

a major car company had troubles with one model,

they solved the problem by

changing the name from W--star to F--star,

it did not help sales.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Will domain names close to JW.org come up in a google search?

• Violia
    Violia

I'm surprised they embrace the name JW. Years ago it was despised by most jws in the know-they knew it was used exclusively by apostates. I used to use it and was firmly told that only apostates referred to the witnesses as JW"s.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm surprised they embrace the name JW. Years ago it was despised by most jws in the know-they knew it was used exclusively by apostates. I used to use it and was firmly told that only apostates referred to the witnesses as JW"s.

Yet, at the assembly in which the new "name" was first announced in 1931 to the then throngs of "Bible Students, there were banners with huge letterings of "JW". The more some things change, the more they stay the same....?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit