C,O's,D,O's from down under...who remembers??

by karter 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Terry Grundy, Ray Cowling, Howard Cox (now there was a man who was a hardcore guilt tripper) and a bunch of others. Seen Don McClean give a zillion talks, and Terry O'Brien too. The latest in my circuit was this hot shot young fella named Grant Driscoll.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Who remembers?? LOL! Who cares... what a bunch of sad, misguided old white men. One of the bros who 'studied' with me years ago is now a CO, and the poor s.o.b. had no personality- there was nothing to like or dislike about him- just a f*****g robot. Probably no different now...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Cox, Kramer, Ridling, Sleighman, Teesey, Price, Rogers, Black, and there was another one, can't remember his last name, but his first name is Geoff, big tall guy with glasses.

Obviously there should be 2 threads going on here. One for DOs / COs in NZ and another for Australia. But the problem with that is that some of the DOs were imports from Australia so hence they are known in both countries. Ok just to update on the above names. Plz bear in mind, that I no longer go to the meetings, and this info has been passed onto me 2nd or 3rd hand, so I can't guarantee it's correctness, but will do my best.

Don and Bev Cox = A really nice guy. Bev had a stroke, and Don now looks after her in matamata.

Jeff Ridling (sorry can't remember his wife's name. Think she was Canadian)Both him and his wife are now dead. I remember an incident with him when his wife whispered something to him in his ear and he turned around to me and told me that she had reminded him to cut his eye brows. Hehe. It still stays in my mind that many years later. He quite often joked about his eye brows, and that is one of the main things I remember about him. He was a good guy.

Joe Slayman (can't remember his wife's name but she was a Cook Islander) =. Good guy to. I remember him wearing these thin glasses and he used to peer over them and look at the audience. When he returned to Australia I believe he turned apostate. I heard through the rumour mill that he and his wife had split up, and that he tried to take the organization to court over loss of income. I have no proof of this and I would be interested to know if anyone could elaborate on this..

Hans Hubler = a right total wanker. I remember him ordering this sister with a crying baby out of the assembly. Dear say the sister was probably crying after that as well. What is he doing now. I'm interested to know.

Jack Teasey = He had the nick name Jack the women hater Teasey because of some of the disparaging remarks he made about women. He was a different type of guy and I really dont know what to make him. I would say out of all the spiritual heavy weights he would probably be at the top of the list. I mean the guy like gets up at 5am every morning and prayers for two hours. What a machine. He was the longest serving CO in NZ, and retired back to his home town a year or two ago. I believe he is back on CO work now, as the society couldn't get anyone to replace him. He looks incredibly good for his age.

Rodger and tinnie Price=. He died some years ago and last I heard his wife moved down to CHCH to live with her grown child. I don't think she was to happy with the support given in her congregation, after he died. That is once again rumour.

Dough and Yumiko Black = He was playing around on his misses while on CO work, and got Deed. Last I heard he was a police officer down Wellington way, and I believe his ex-wife went back to university/ technical instatute to study something. I remember hearing a story about him about how was snapped looking at some immoral TV program late at night while on CO work. How true it is I don't know.

Merv King= He was the guy that used to make you sing the double songs. It was quite a different and a bold move at the time. I heard a rumour that he got a telling off from the higher ups about it. What a bunch of kill joys. He was a good old stick, and I think it's the double songs that he is most commonly remembered for. I remember when he was introducing himself and he used to say " just think of swerve and then Merve. Merve the Swerve". Good guy. BTW what is he doing now.

Mike and Allice Kramer =. They got shipped off to Africa after the bethel got closed down. I would say out of all the speakers I have ever heard he would of been the Best. That guy has got the gift of the gab and I think it probably come from the fact that he as involved in the theater b4 becoming a witness. Really nice guy. One thing I didn't like was once when he made a comment about his wife having an anger problem at an assembly. That was a cringe moment for me. If there was going to be a dynamic leader that would take the organization forward it would be him. GB you need to get his arse to Brooklyn.

Ron and Unice carter= No longer a DO. Both are still alive and live in matamata.

As a side point the old assembly hall in Devonport. You wouldn't recognize it now as they are all apartments. I would hate to think what that property would be worth if they had kept it. It's prime real estate now. It would be interesting to do a comparison between the property values in devonport as apposed to the one in Papakura.

There was one guy I remember who I really didnt like, and who I haven't seen for many years. Dose anyone know what Charles Glendening is up to now. I used to call him Charles the hit man Glendening. The guy was a total Nazi and I remember he used to love telling naughty kids off. I used to try and stay Out of his way.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

@fulltimestudent... LOL!! Thanks for sharing this story, had me on the floor laughing....

@joe134cd - Joe Slayman's wife's name is Jean - we had the 'privledge' (cough, cough) of having lunch with them at Bethel. My friend I was travelling with at the time knew them really well. They seemed very down to earth, decent people...

• karter
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

fulltimestudent... LOL!! Thanks for sharing this story, had me on the floor laughing....

Remember the film, The Wizard of oZ? The all-powerful wizard turned out to be a laughable little man.

So it is with our former loving brothers - the truth is, that if they're trying to bully you, they are just jumped up little men. full of their own shit.

When you expose them, and see they're only human, you'll be able to roll around the floor laughing !!!

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

@fulltimestudent... Interesting comparison & soooo true... I started to see they were weak men, full of their own shit & self importance about a year before due to things I experienced coz of them... Findings sites like this confirmed my suspicions & gave me my sanity back... But they were right about one thing, the truth (about the truth) really does set u free.

• karter
    karter

joe134cd: Jeff Ridelings wife is still alive i spoke to her son this morning.

Hans Hubler i was at the assembly were he asked the attendents to remove a crying baby the mother was a study who walked out and never came back..saved by the C.O.

Rodger and Tinnie price????...Do you mean Auther and Tinnie rodgerson??...Nice couple from Whakatane.

Charles Glendening last heard of in Hamilton his daughter was in my congro in Auckland married someone like her father a self righous prick.

Karter.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Jeff Ridlings wife's name is Mary. Such a lovely lady from what I remember. Sheesh if she is till alive, she must be in her 90s?

The Prices that I mentioned in my earlier post were Kelvin and Sarah. They were really nice too.

Joe134cd - Man reading through your list brought back some memories! There are some 'classics' on there. Didn't know that the Kramers were overseas. He was a good speaker, in fact he even gave my baptism talk. You could really hear his theatrical background when he spoke and sung. I remember him talking about Alice's anger problem at an assembly too. I remember thinking it was a heart wrenching story, but could never work out how it related to the talk he was giving...

Any ideas about the Geoff that I mentioned? He is a really tall and solidly built guy. Blondish with glasses. They were in the Auckland area around the time we left NZ. I'm leaning toward his last name being Stephenson, but honestly can't remember.

This is a great thread Karter, bringing back some good memories of times gone by. The only COs that I have dealt with that I didn't like have been here in Australia. Peter Kitchen for example is an a-grade wanker.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I said as I haven't been to meetings for a while and the info posted has been passed down so could be a bit inaccurate.

im sure Jeff ridlings wife died. Ok I will confirm this tomorrow.

sorry I did get a bit confused it is Arther and Tinnie Rodgerson. They were a dear old couple. I think she left whakatane to go and live with her daughter in CHCH. I believe she didn't like the support she was been given. How very J Dub.

Yes I to have enjoyed this thread toooo. Talking about infamous and not so infamous individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit