Atheists know more about the bible!

by Comatose 157 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm a living example of someone who took great care to understand the Bible, with all the added help for the original languages, that the Bible turned me an Atheist.
    A an agnostic atheist as to the possibility of godlike intellegence in Nature (although obviously not "Loving").
    But I'm an anti-theist as to the god of Abraham.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

unstopableravens, you are in denial.

You actually see NO CONTRADICTIONS of the "God of Love", and the genocidal, jealous, vengeful, pro-slavery, despotic "God of the Armies"???

Just... WOW!

So please explain to me how you rationalize your moral sense, that tells you all these things (like genocide) are horrific, EXCEPT when God is responsible for them?
    How is your god above his own law?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Reading the full story with all its contradictions and violence and sexism

I agree, I believe the Bible was written by men to create religious organisations so they could control women and honest humans.-Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I also believe there is some good practical advice to be found in the Bible....but it's a difficult read and self help books say the same. Many say they live by the golden rule in Matt 7.12 Do unto others.......

But many seldom actually do in my experience-Kate xx

• tec
    tec

It is odd how people can read the whole bible, and miss the point... that it is a witness that points TO Christ, as the Truth and the one God said to listen TO.

Even Christ said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life, yet you refuse to come to ME, to have life."

You can have all the knowledge that you want of what is written in there... if you fail to miss the point... then what is the point to your 'knowledge'?

Peace,

tammy

• KateWild
    KateWild

You can have all the knowledge that you want of what is written in there... if you fail to miss the point... then what is the point to your 'knowledge'?-Tammy

Yes I have completely missed the point then, Tammy why didn't God make the point clearer to me then?

Kate xx

• Comatose
    Comatose

I just noticed the graphic image got stripped from my OP. Must have been from working from a mobile device. Here it is.

• Comatose
  • Comatose
    Comatose

Tec, I don't see how your post relates to our discussion. It makes sense in your head but not so much to everyone else. I would just fire back that the bible claims that all of its books and verses are inspired by god. Not just the ones you cherry pick as pointing to Jesus. So the bible tells me that god hates gays and approves of butchering babies and taking little virgins as spoils of war after they watch their entire families being gutted.

Then you will say that's not Christ look to him and I'll say 2 Timothy 3:16 and the circle dance begins. Let's not start this tedious discussion. We all know what you THINK.

• KateWild
    KateWild

comatose-I am not surprised by that. Jews are drilled probably the same as JW kids, but we have to cover all the old testiment. That only then made me curious about the New Testiment, and fell in the loving hands of a CULT to indoctrinate me.

Hay I knew more than them, no wonder I was on restrictions most of my time as a JW. LOL!

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit