The murmuring phase is the beginning of an ex-JWs progression towards fading.

by Stand for Pure Worship 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

What about when a thoroughly proven falsehood becomes a 'modified truth', then returns to being a thoroughly proven falsehood? Was it ever 'truth' at all?

What you call a murmuring phase I would call waking up to the fact that certain teachings are no longer credible.

And to correct your current understanding and align it with the latest 'modified truth', Jude 8 is not talking about the GB, it is talking about elders.

It's understandable why you got this wrong however:

WHO ARE THE 'GLORIOUS ONES'?

All anointed - w60 9/1 p. 539 par. 14 Awake Worshipers in the Time of the End

The “glorious ones” here referred to are not any who are bright and shining in their own eyes or who are glorious in the eyes of others due to their personal achievements. Those who are the brothers of the King Jesus Christ have been selected as heirs of the heavenly kingdom—a glorious privilege indeed!

All anointed - w65 10/1 p. 592 par. 7 Execution of Divine Judgment upon the Ungodly

Who are these “glorious ones”? They must be those who receive glory from Jehovah God and his Lord of lords, Jesus Christ. According to Isaiah 60:1, 2, Jehovah’s “own glory” would be conferred upon the remnant of spiritual Israel, the anointed Christians.

Elders - w79 1/15 p. 25 Why Keep Free from Murmuring?

They were individuals who were “disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones,” or responsible men in the congregation.

Elders - w80 1/15 p. 19 par. 10 Are You a Loyal Subject of God’s Government?

Further describing them, the apostle says: “Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble at glorious ones [persons entrusted with oversight within God’s congregation] but speak abusively.”

Anointed elders - w82 8/15 p. 28 pars. 14-15 Heed the ‘Warnings Placed Before Us’!

Those ungodly persons also spoke abusively of “glorious ones” (literally, “of glories”), evidently those who had certain glory conferred upon them by Jehovah God and Jesus Christ... 15 Certainly, those of Christ’s anointed followers who serve faithfully as appointed Christian overseers have had glory, or honor, conferred upon them.

Anointed elders - w89 9/15 p. 22 par. 8 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead

Surely, we do not want to be like the “ungodly men” of Jude’s day who ‘disregarded lordship and spoke abusively of glorious ones,’ anointed Christian elders with God-given glory, or honor, conferred upon them.

Anointed elders - w91 4/15 p. 31 Beware of Apostates!

Unlike the archangel Michael, who would not even bring a judgment against the Devil in abusive terms, the ungodly men spoke abusively of “glorious ones,” evidently those with certain glory conferred upon them by God and Christ as anointed elders.

Elders - w97 9/1 pp. 15-16 pars. 13-14 Beware of False Teachers!

Jude writes that “these men, . . . indulging in dreams, are defiling the flesh . . . and speaking abusively of glorious ones.” (2 Peter 2:10; Jude 8) In what sense, though, do they “look down on lordship” and speak “abusively of glorious ones”? 14 They do so in that they despise divinely constituted authority. Christian elders represent the glorious Jehovah God and his Son and, as a result, have certain glory conferred upon them. True, they make mistakes, as did Peter himself, but the Scriptures urge members of the congregation to be submissive to such glorious ones.

Elders - w98 6/1 p. 17 par. 10 “Put Up a Hard Fight for the Faith”!

But if we dwell on their faults and undermine respect for them, might we be “speaking abusively of glorious ones”? In verse 10, Jude mentions those who “are speaking abusively of all the things they really do not know.” Some will, at times, criticize a decision made by a body of elders or a judicial committee.

Elders - w08 11/15 p. 22 par. 9 Highlights From the Letters of James and of Peter

While “glorious ones,” that is, Christian elders, have faults and may err at times, we must not speak abusively of them.

Splash

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stand for Pure.... you've already admitted you've never done an in-depth bible study on the meaning of Worship. You don't even know what you stand for. The rest is moot.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Jgnat, that' next on my agenda. You'll know when I post it. I noticed a post of yours done fairly recent where you labled me as Stand for Pure(something). I caught that, and haven't forgot. Maybe I'll send you my findings in a PM.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why in a PM - grow some balls and post your findings for us all to peer review.

• adamah
    adamah

Watkins said-

You're the 'murmurer', sftw. Ex-jws are not under the imposed authority of the wt - but YOU ARE. You must already be well along in your own 'fade', or you wouldn't be disrespecting their rules - YOUR rules, not ours. Most fades start with disregard for wt rules - so, GOOD on you! Hope you don't have long to go in that 'two-faced phase' - acting like a good JW when you're around JWs, and treating wt commands with contempt when you're not. That's right - the gb have no hold on you! You're just an apostate in disguise right now, but hopefully, not for long. :)

SFPW is like those Congressman, priests, and ministers who were struggling with their own suppressed homosexual urges, and spoke out vehemently about gays, or passed legislation, etc, until they were caught in a gay scandal.

SFPW is not struggling with his sexuality, but the dissonance created by the disconnect between what he's told he MUST believe and what he actually believes, and his activity posting here is only a cover for the guilt generated by being here, driven by an insatiable desire to learn more about TTATT.

Adam

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

I left for one reason. Science. I remember having a conversation with my aunt once about cave drawings and carbon dating. She of course was able to write it off in her mind as Satan. We went on to other scientific facts in deep discussion and at the end of every line of reasoning she had to insert the supernatural. Delusional. If it quacks and looks like a duck then it’s a duck.

• oppostate
    oppostate

why feed the troll?

Hey I just noticed this is my post #333

that must make it, like what, half evil!

• tornapart
    tornapart

You must have some doubts SFPW, or else you wouldn't be here. If you're trying to argue with us to strengthen your faith it won't work. You'll be left with even more doubts.

Your words come straight out of a watchtower. Very robotic. Try and do some thinking of your own. You have got a mind of your own haven't you?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I always thought that a faithful slave did their job, taking care of the Master's house without demanding accolades? The GB/FDS(tm), is the only "slave " demanding recognition and obedience from the Master's house!! So much for working out your salvation with fear and trembling! "Good for nothing slave, what you have done, is what you ought to have done", does not apply to the GB/FDS!! " EVIDENTLY ", their promotion is in the bag! Acknowledge this slave who work for you...or else!!!

The GB teach, " once slaved, always slaved!" Sons and daughters of the Master, LISTEN, OBEY, and be BLESSED by the GB/FDS!!!

DD

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Poor SFPW doesn't even know how bad his cognitive dissonance is. Truth is truth, it never has to be modified or readjusted. The organization does not purvey truth, they just want to sound like they have truthiness.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit