The murmuring phase is the beginning of an ex-JWs progression towards fading.

by Stand for Pure Worship 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I suppose part of the fascination I have with this board is, the exotic nature of those making up the member population. I say exotic because, as you yourselves will agree with, folks such as yourselves don't hang around the Christian congregation for long upon making the decision that truth is not for you. (Rom 1:25) This "fading" thing spoken of here likely plays a role into why Christians such as me find the average ex-JW to be a bit fascinating. All this time I was in the dark thinking that this brother, or that sister, was depressed, or spiritually weak, and perhaps both scenarios are true to some degree. However, it's become quite apparent that many such ones were often quite simply, fading. After pondering upon various ones who've allowed a place for the Devil in their heart, (Eph 4:27) one thing that stands out is that many often advertised their intentions either knowingly or not, prior to turning their back on Jehovah. How so?

They do so during a phase that I'd like to label, The Murmuring Phase. The whole thing is quite sad to me too considering the de-evolution process of such ones that go from being content True Christians, into bitter murmerers. It's also strange considering the fact that, The Truth doesn't change, but how much those that have left the Christian congregation have done so. Like the old saying goes, nothing new under the sun and the same goes with those that have succumbed to murmuring. In Paul's letter to the congregation in Corinth, he warned against murmuring.(1 Cor 10:10) Likely he was reflecting upon what happened after Korah and his follower's disposal following their attempt to use syrup God's chosen mediators, Moses and Aaron. If you remember the people began murmuring against Moses and Aaron, blaming the death of Korah on them.

Well, the same thing happened to the early Christian Congregation. In Jude's letter, he warned about ones that would slip in amongst the Christian congregation, and how they would be false teachers and murmurers. He warned that such ones would disregard lordship and speak abusively of the Governing Body. (Jude 3, 4, 8, 16) Well the same is going on today. Instead of focusing on keeping up to date and accepting the adjusted understanding of God's organization, they choose to focus on the imperfections of those presenting the modified truths. Eventually such ones graduate from criticizing those taking the lead, to being overly critical of the literature. It's the equivalent of being unaware of when your flight departs because you didn't read the schedule, and then taking out your frustrations on the airline company. Senseless.

Rather than examining their own hearts and recognizing the need for humility (Jude 17-21) to accept the adjustments in understanding, and wisdom (James 1:5-8) to understand both the understanding of and why an adjustment was needed, they continue to dwell upon what changed instead of dwelling upon how to be adaptable. Just like Korah and the Israelites that murmured after his demise, ones who murmur today don't take the time to examine their own motives. (Jer 17:9; Matt 15:19) Rather than being impossibly rigid in our receiving of adjusted understanding, we should be appreciative that Jehovah has an active interest in His people and continues to refine us.-Psa 17:1-3

I think for many here, if they can conquer their tendency to disregard humility in place of embracing a critical attitude, they may be able to remain within the Christian congregation.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

stand for pure: do you believe john 3:1-8?

• adamah
    adamah

Like the old saying goes, nothing new under the sun and the same goes with those that have succumbed to murmuring.

Actually, that's not quite true, as there's been quite a long list of "new things" developed under the Sun since those words were written. Even space exploration, such that mankind is able to send man-made objects actually far beyond the Sun, but even TO the Sun to study it (rather than sitting on one's butt and engaging in the typical JW KH gossip circuit).

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Hmmm, what makes someone question in the first place? A year ago i would never entertain a questioning attitude, so what makes people do this?

• Abe Ostate
    Abe Ostate

SFPW said, "Folks like yourselves don't hang around the Christian congregation long upon making the decision truth is not for you."

On the contrary: wanting "the truth" is exactly why most people leave! But it's cute that you'd try to define your beliefs as categorically "true," such that everything else must be falsehood. It's flat-out adorable. You show how biased you are by the very way you try to conceptualize leaving. Could it be, gasp, that the people that leave believe they've found the truth elsewhere, in one source or many?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Shouldn't you be at meeting stupid...

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Hail Satan!!!!

• dazed but not confused
  • Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Dazed and Not Confused, but also not surprising.

• dazed but not confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit