How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Why tap dance on sweet Tammy?

She does no harm and goes way out of her way to do good.

She never loses her cool and is never less than respectful, patient, kind and generous to a fault.

PROVING things isn't about what people feel or think. So why spend even a minute of your time arguing about thoughts and feelings.

Proof has to have jurisdiction, rules and boundries. None of these things are present in this dicussion.

If we have an emotional stake in the IS or IS NOT we aren't unbiased.

What good is a judge who has bias?

UBM 101 is the person who started this thread.

Let's start with that. . .

• cantleave
    cantleave

Comatose -I wonder why Jesus never tells those he speaks to anything useful, like how to cure disease,

• Comatose
    Comatose

You are right Terry. I play sometimes with Tammy, but I'd love to talk in real life and have a cup of coffee or tea sometime. Honestly, she makes me feel uncomfortable because I lost my god... I lost my spirituality. I can't believe someone has real talking relationship with Jesus... But, I know Tammy is sincere and a good person.

• tec
    tec

I am not His voice, Coma. No more than I would be my mother's voice, if I share something that she has taught me.

He has His own voice, and anyone can hear Him. Which is why it does not work as I think you are suggesting... that you hear from Christ through some other mediator. That IS how religions get started, when people start saying, come to me, instead of... pointing to Christ, that all may go to Him and hear Him.

If Christ were to communicate only through an organization or the like... well, then people would look to that organization as truth, and follow it (or some other person)

No one should do this. No one should follow me or anyone... other than Christ.

Because anyone can make a claim. That does not make their claim TRUE. If one wants to know if something IS true... then one must go to CHRIST, and then put faith in what HE is saying. Test the inspired expressions: against Christ, against love, against even what is written (again beginning with Christ's own words)

(and I have not said anything different here than I have ever said, so I did not expect such a response from you, Coma... and I am so so sorry, because I am rushing, because I have to get my kids and then go to work... I will have to continue later with you)

Peace to you,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

It has to be the same thing, tammy/tec. An experiment would have to be set up similar to the telepathy tests (do you see the same card?).

• cofty
    cofty

Spirit mediums channel the dead. Hear from the dead. My Lord is alive.

Spirit mediums channel people who have died but who they claim are alive in the spirit. Precisely the same thing you claim to do.

You are a self-confessed spirit medium.

• bohm
    bohm

yah, now this thread is about tammy!

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

qcmr

All gods described by human language, poetry, art, religious writing, thought and all other communication (i.e. the mind is the ONLY place where gods are described since the environment does not bear any recognised signature or message from of any deity) can easily be superceded by another thought process (Zeus loses to Xenu) and be outwitted by logical and rational enquiry (Christ loses to Gervais).

this is very correct, right on point.

i think it is important to add this -

man at one point or at one time could not possibly comprehend or explain/teach matters of physics, mathematics or science in absolute terms and concepts like we can today (thanks technology!!)

thus, at that time man HAD to resort to explaining these things in ways that could be understood (enter God and Gods reflecting man's personality and tendency).

We now have science, physics, mathematics easily and absolutely explained. there is nothing abstract about these 'ideas' now. Man's intellect has moved on beyond angry gods with deadly thunderbolts.

but the ideas are really one and the same, explained by the same species (man) in different times in history.

in this sense, religion and science trully reconcile. we all believe in the same thing, we just interpret it differently.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't believe there can be any reconciliation between science and religion.

Actually I take that back . I heard John Shelby Spong speaking on the subject once and he restored my belief in intellectually honest religion.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

cofty

i think if you go back far enough in history of man, you'll find two people trying to make sense of lightning and rain, or the moon and stars, and saying 'well i'll be, there must be a big one of us up there crying. We'll call him God'.

many years later two scientists are explaining the process of evaporation and cloud formation.

in this sense religion and science do reconcile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit