How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

2tired2care: how about Freia, the godess of marriage, bliss? Fr(e)iday?

• tec
    tec

It has to be the same thing, tammy/tec. An experiment would have to be set up similar to the telepathy tests (do you see the same card?).

Of course it has to be the same thing.

But it does not have to be set up as an experiment. Evidence can occur in the real world... and it is still evidence even if it is not set up in a lab. Otherwise, one is asking God to 'perform'... rather than simply asking for oneself, to be given ears to hear, truth and/from the Spirit.

Spirit mediums channel people who have died but who they claim are alive in the spirit. Precisely the same thing you claim to do.

There is that word... and just because you label me something (and even tell me that I state I am such), does not mean that I am under any obligation to wear your false label.

Terry, thank you... I am not all of those things, lol... but thank you for your kindness.

but I'd love to talk in real life and have a cup of coffee or tea sometime.

I would accept that for sure...!

Also just for anyone, believers don't tend to believe something just because it can't be disproven. They believe based on something... and sometimes ask the question posed in the OP because some atheists state as fact, that there is no creator. Not because it is a reason to believe, or even their reason for believing.

Just sayin'

Peace,

tammy

• prologos
    prologos

as a first step for atheist to prove that there is no God/ CREATOR, would be to prove that

There CAN not be a creator, then

tackle the pending question of the

PRE-condition to the Energy Singularity that blossomed into the universe.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

2tired2care: how about Freia, the godess of marriage, bliss? Fr(e)iday?

Yes much more interesting, than that boring old curmudgeon Yahweh. No wonder the Isrealites had to seek alternatives.

• adamah
    adamah

Phizzy, in the related story from 2007, it contained this tantalizing tid-bit:

One of its leaders, Doretta Peppa, a writer who calls herself a high priestess, told the BBC the temples were built to respect the gods and now they were going to be put to their proper use.

Ms Peppa said she had been given official permission to use the temple, but there were fears that the culture ministry, which administers the site, might give way to pressure from the church.

The president of the Association of Greek Clergymen, Father Efstathios Kollas, has described the followers of the Olympic gods as "a handful of miserable resuscitators of a degenerate dead religion who wish to return to the monstrous dark delusions of the past".

(Yeah, well, it takes one to know one....)

TT2C, here's a bit of good news for you Thor worshippers:

Ms Peppa and her followers aspire to have the rights afforded to Britain's druids who worship at Stonehenge, and Danish believers in Thor and the Nordic gods who are allowed to perform marriages, baptisms and funerals.

Heck, Greek religion predates Xianity, so if you've gotta believe, I say go with an old classic, and one with a pedigree!

In fact, I'm thinking of becoming the modern-day apostle Paul for the resurrected Greek pantheon, just to get in on the ground floor before all the best positions are filled! The best part is, I hear Zeus is not an angry God like that "other" control-freak Jehovah, who always demands to hog the spotlight ("look at me, look at me!") and wants to be the center of attention 24/7, claiming to be the "only true God"....

(As if....)

Adam

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

That's awesome, you get to have fun, and get state benefits for doing it, I definitely want a viking funeral...LOL.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

It's people like tec that made me an atheist, because (mmmm I am repeating myself) she can not prove that what she calls god is not zeus, satan or any other known deity, and that she thinks god is a loving god, Hitchens sums it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVoloVvsupM

• tec
    tec

If 'people like tec' made you an atheist... then who was your faith in to begin with?

There are all sorts of people all over the world who make claims about God. Their claims and the things that they say... have NO bearing whatsoever on my faith. Because my faith is in Christ and what HE says... not what any of these other men say about Him, or think about Him.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Tec, in a lab or in the observable world, to validate a shared experience (that is not observed by all) there have to be controls to rule out things like charlatanism or group hysteria.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As an example, tec, discovery of the Higgs boson was made tentatively in July 2012. Further testing and validation was done before declaring the discovery in March 2013. There were finally enough proofs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

If God exists and speaks inaudibly to some people, and those people receive the same message then:

1. What elements would we expect to see in that message?
    2. What inconsistencies would rule out the testimony?
    3. How do we determine it is God and not another force/entity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit