The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Marked for TD's excellent work on GC madness.

Of course this highlights how time is the enemy of the WT. More time passes, the more time it looks loopy the identification of the GC in 1935 looks. If you were 15 and at that DC with your parents, your parents would now be dead and you would either be 93 or dead yourself. So you weren't members of the GC.

So why would God's spirit direct Rutherford to make that identification?

(Answer - he wouldn't).

When are they going to update these batty ideas?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD,

Thanks for kindly taking the time to present the information and to explain it. I have to think about it.

A prosecutor does not like the truth. He wants a conviction. The ultimate truth to him is that the defendant is guilty; nothing else matters. He will use whatever strategy, tactics, or means to achieve his end, destroying the defendant. although truth and justice should be paramount to him, he cant be trusted.

A defense lawyer will defend his position whether it be true or whether it be a lie, He is loyal to his position. He wants to win. He wants his story to be believed. Truth is not important. Freedom is the issue. Nothing else matters (this violates Jesus teaching "the truth shall set you free" (tell that to the Police)) A Court is an arena where the winner defeats his opponent.

I would like to view this Board as a truth finding forum. I know that is not purely possible but at the very least it is not about winning an argument no matter what.

TD, the information you posted is truly significant. I must consider it

A lot of other information was posted by others I also have to read and consider and I also have to get to it but now what TD has said has me thinking profoundly. Being on this board takes a lot of hours. Please give me some time. Don't disappear on me like a siamese twin.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

TD, a JW might argue there is a third group: the resurrected dead. All 'prospective' members of the great crowd who die before the great tribulation fall into that third group.

Anyway, you are right that the "great multitude (crowd)" that J Rutherford hailed in 1935 is gone.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250117/1/Behold-The-great-multitude-IS-DEAD#.UrLEBdIW3ng

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD, This is a question not a statement. I have to think about what you said for a while.

In terms of lifespan GC= Annointed. If 1935 is the year, at the very least someone around back then would have to have had at the very least, the potential of living until the GT. Thereofore, the GT could not exceed 40 years later or 1975 because 80+40=120. ( giving a break to someone that was 80yo in 1935) But because GC=Anointed, lets do this: 1894+120 = 2014. Ok, we have the interlapper definition and that buys time until the year 2034 but we still have a problem with the age of the GC; they are dying off and won't be alive in 2034 or much longer for that matter. An interlapping gc is ridiculous. We have reached the deadline.

Given the preaching work, and all the other lines of evidence that prove that this is the geneartion Jesus refered to, then 2014-2015is the limit. The GT must come on or before 2015 or the 1935 GC is dead and cannot survive the GT with the younger GC.

OR what does the WT say to get nore time for the GC?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I understand Fisherman, when somethin' is taught as the truth for so long

it can be hard to except that it is no longer true.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

YY, thanks for the link quoting the Isaiah book which validates 1935.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Finkle, we are looking for something more than death. Only the life giver has life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Fisherman said : " Given the preaching work, and all the other lines of evidence that prove that this is the geneartion Jesus refered to,..."

Dear Fisherman, you have a lot of homework to do, and then come back and prove that the Preaching work of JW's or any religion is a sign of anything more than wishing to capture new recruits, and you need to look at your other "lines of evidence", and see if they will stand scrutiny on here.

I think you will conclude in the end that the Generation referred to in the Gospel is the one listening to the words at the time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Given the preaching work, and all the other lines of evidence that prove that this is the generation Jesus refered too, then 2014-2015 is the limit. ____Fisherman

The evidence to support what you still believe no longer backs up what the WTS used to teach

that's why they changed to an overlap. Time is the enemy of the false prophet

"Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that God's kingdom was established in 1914 ?

Two lines of evidence point to that year: (1) Bible chronology and (2) the events scince 1914 in fulfillment of prophecy" ____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 95

Which no longer backs up what they used to claim

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end ."_____Reasoning from the Scriptures Book page 97

Or what does the WT say to get more time for the GC ?______Fisherman

I really don't think the GB are all that concerned about more time for the GC

it's about buyin' time for themselves

• donny
    donny

When you read paragraph 16, you realize only a completely and throuroughly indoctrinated person could accept such diatribe and see it as "the truth." It just pains me to the max to think my son is an elder in this BS of a religion and accepts it hook, line and sinker. At least my two daughters got out and see it for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit