The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• flipper
    flipper

DATA DOGs statement is so VERY true it bears repeating, " In fact, the leaders of the WTBTS teach that if you do not believe the END will come in YOUR lifetime , then you have fallen prey to Satanic propaganda and are spiritually weak. " Which leads me into my next comment about the actual DEFINITION of the word " generation ".

FISHERMAN- With all due respect please listen sincerely and earnestly to my words here : I was a born-in JW since birth, stopped attending at age 44 over 10 years ago. At age 54 I have now lived almost 2 generations myself as per the official Websters dictionary definition of the word " generation. Websters definition states : " Generation - A single stage or degree in the succession of natural descent ( father, son, and grandson are THREE generations ) . The average period ( about 30 YEARS ) between the birth of one generation and that of the next generation. "

So Fisherman the point I'm making is whether one believes the Bibles definition of generation ( 70 - 80 years or 120 pick your choice ) - or if a person believes the WT Society's version of multiple overlapping generationS ( notice capital on the plural ) - it STILL does not negate the FACT that Jesus stated THIS GENERATION ( singular generation ) will by no means pass away until these things occur. Jesus was talking most probably ONLY about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C.E. which came 37 years or about the same or ONE generation from when he predicted it in 33 C.E. It's quite possible if not probable that there is NO future application of his prediction at all.

The fact that the WT Society has been in the " prediction business " for 134 years as a corporate entity using religious predictions to give out unfulfilled hopes to 7 million Jehovah's Witness members which never come true SHOULD give ALL of us pause to think and ponder if we have all been duped here. Including yourself my friend. I have my opinions on it because I observed these unfulfilled hopes in my own JW parents since 1951 over 62 years or 2 generations as my JW parents aged 88 and 86 wonder what in the hell is going on because they were told by the WT Society and promised, " you will never die but live forever in a Paradise earth . ' Can you imagine how that makes them feel to see that they WILL die ? Sad ? Depressed ? Perhaps a bit of anger ? Please think about this. I'm speaking from my heart and sadness of how the WT Society has built up millions of peoples hopes on false premises without WT leaders taking ANY resonsibility or accountability for their failed predictions to those 7 million Witnesses. So yes- I have some anger issues over this, I hope you understand. Take care, please do some serious research on this " last days " thing , many religions have used this to keep people in control through guilt and fear, WT Society included. I remain respectfully yours

• Island Man
    Island Man

"Fisherman I figured that they wanted a sign BEFORE he returned.

That is exactly what they asked for, and exactly what Jesus gave them:
    (Mt 24:33) Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.

He also said "learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near"

and again "these things are a beginning of pangs of distress". Pangs indicate a baby is near, not that it has arrived.

For some reason we've taken all of the signs to indicate he is present, not that he is on his way.

Splash"

Precisely! Precisely! Precisely!

The Watchtower is BLIND! BLIND! BLIND!

And if the blind Watchtower is leading the blind JWs . . .

• Island Man
    Island Man

At this point, we are very close to having three classes instead of two. It's becoming increasingly apparent that "Other sheep" exist during the "Time of the end" not just as prospective members of the "Great crowd" who lose that status via premature death, but as a separate class who were never prospective members of the "Great crowd" at all.

The "other sheep" refers to gentile christians, period. There were no anointed christians when Jesus made his statment in John 10:16. His followers were not anointed until weeks after his death. Therefore, Jesus statement about "this fold" could not be a reference to anointed christians as distinct from non-anointed ones. The context of the gospels would show that Jesus was sent to none but the lost sheep of the house of Israel. His followers at that time were all Jewish. "This fold" thus refers to Jewish disciples. The "other sheep not of this fold" logically referred to gentiles who were about to be welcomed into the congregation after and by means of his death. See Ephesians 2:11-19.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Flipper,

I understand what you mean. I am sure that by now a great number of active jws feel like you do, if not most. The latest definition is too much. Even the 1995 definition was too much. You think people are stupid. They dont buy it, BUT they have to stay. Even if you let go by not associating, you cant let go mentally. "The GT must come."" The end must come" and you cant let go. I have a relationship with God and that is what helps me but even with that,I still hang on to the hope, the teaching. Got to wait till 2014 comes and passes and up to 2015. Without any WT definitions I will give it 5 years more. I cant accept the interlapper definition. I cannot buy it. It is just there. As DD puts it. A band aid. Im trying not to give up mentally on this generation but as I sated in my previous posts there is nothing to hang on to. At the very least, lets wait till october 1 2014. God has got to give us something to keep us going but not the definition. We got to see 2014 come and go.

• Island Man
    Island Man

fisherman, the Watchtower's 1914, seven gentile times, invisible presence doctrine is thoroughly and logically debunked here:

http://meletivivlon.com/discussion/1914-2/apollos-vs-jw/

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Island Ive read "Gentile Times Reconsidered" and other arguments but WTS Chronology stands on its own merits and at the very least it is possible.

And because it is possible it must be considered. Read my post about this in this Forum.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Im trying not to give up mentally on this generation but as I sated in my previous posts there is nothing to hang on to."

Sure there is! You said it yourself! You said,"I have a relationship with God and that is what helps me.." You have to work on that relationship because when things go south for the Org, that will get you through. If you can make a clear distiction between loyalty to God through Christ and loyalty the Organization, then you will be alright. You may be treated badly by some in the Org, but that's on them. They will be judged for that. You or I can could lose our lives before October 2014, then what??

• Island Man
    Island Man

" Island Ive read "Gentile Times Reconsidered" and other arguments but WTS Chronology stands on its own merits and at the very least it is possible."

fisherman, how can you say that? WTS chronology is provably bogus! There's tons of historical evidence proving that 607 BCE is a bogus date! WTS is behaving with 607 BCE, in the same way young earth creationists behave with their 6000 year old earth. 1914 is rooted in speculations and eisegesis!

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

Fisherman where did you post about how WTS chronology has merit? I would like to read it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fisherman,

You have to realize that all organized religions went off the rails when they convinced themselves that they could predict the END. That's it. It's that simple. It can't be done. It was never meant to be done. We have been warned against trying. We have been told it's not our place. Jesus said not to follow those who say, " the due time has approached!"

1914 does NOT stand on it's own merits because it was an exercise in futility from the start. It was an unauthorized experiment. Every single generation before who has claimed that they will see the END are all dead. All of them. John Aquilla Brown was wrong, Henry Miller was wrong, CTR was wrong, Rutherford was wrong, Knorr was wrong, Franz was wrong. They are all dead. 1914 is no more significant 1874 or 1925. Even if there was a date that could be predicted, it can't be 1914 because 607 is wrong. The WTBTS NEVER had it right, nothing they said ever happened. They had to "adjust" everything they ever said! That is significant!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit