The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

DT,

No intentional deception. These guys went to jail, tar and feathered and died for their belief. They taught what they believed. But 2 classes of sheep are not siamese.

• Splash
    Splash

For there to be 'no intentional deception', the WT would not have to revert to quote mining to make their points.

Splash

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Now Splash, the issue discussed here is not how they interpret Scripture. It is is the teaching. I was also thinking about when the Apsotles asked for the sign of his return (Parousia) interpreted Presence. I figured that they wanted a sign BEFORE he returned. But thats another topic. Anyway what matters is not what the Apostles belied but what Jesus said and meant.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Now Splash, the issue discussed here is not how they interpret Scripture. It is is the teaching. I was also thinking about when the Apsotles asked for the sign of his return (Parousia) interpreted Presence. I figured that they wanted a sign BEFORE he returned. But thats another topic. Anyway what matters is not what the Apostles believed but what Jesus said and meant.

• pixel
    pixel

Excellent point Splash makes. I did not see that contradiction before. So, they go to heaven without reward, and when they are there, puf! here's your reward.

JW religion is crazy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@FisherMan!!..

I don`t believe The GT is coming..

Ever..

Although I don`t mind if you believe it is..

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

FISHERMAN, are you a closet WT apologist? I am sensing a little ambiguity on your part. Am I wrong? You said, "No intentional deception. These guys went to jail, tar and feathered and died for their belief. They taught what they believed. But 2 classes of sheep are not siamese."

What guys went to jail?!? NOT the modern day GB. Sandersons candy-a** wouldn't last one afternoon in gen-pop. Rutherford and Co. went to jail for sedition, a crime for which the were technically guilty of IMO. There is no way that Jesus approved of Rutherford's mad ravings. Plus the WTBTS is beating a dead horse. How long are the Great 8 going to ride on the coat tails of Rutherford's "victory", if you want to call it that. Get thrown in jail yourself why don'tcha?! Oh, that's right..YOU don't really exist, you are only a theological construct. You can't go to jail, or show up in court..how convenient. Who died??? Not Rutherford and the higher-ups, not the Nathan and Freddie! The lowly, expendable rank & file JW, acting under direct orders are the ones who died.

You also said, " Now Splash, the issue discussed here is not how they interpret Scripture. It is is the teaching." ?!?!?! HOW are you making a distinction between the two?? The GB's interpretation is their "teaching." Am I missing something? Perhaps my blood-sugar is low and I need to eat..

DD

• Splash
    Splash

Fisherman I figured that they wanted a sign BEFORE he returned.

That is exactly what they asked for, and exactly what Jesus gave them:
    (Mt 24:33) Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.

He also said "learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near"

and again "these things are a beginning of pangs of distress". Pangs indicate a baby is near, not that it has arrived.

For some reason we've taken all of the signs to indicate he is present, not that he is on his way.

Splash

• TD
    TD
    But 2 classes of sheep are not siamese.

The conjoinment I mentioned was between the two theological concepts of:

1) An identifiable "Great Crowd" who survives the "Great tribulation"

2) The "Time of the end" lasting no longer than a normal human lifespan.

The proximity of the "Great Tribulation" is an integral part of the identification of the "Great Crowd" since this group survives that event. There is no way around this and at one time, JW writers did not hesitate to state it openly:

"Especially beginning in 1935, when the identity of the “great multitude,” or “great crowd,” was clearly understood, large numbers of these began to manifest themselves. At first there were hundreds, then thousands, later hundreds of thousands, and now there are millions spread around the globe. God’s infallible Word depicts this group as ‘coming out of the great tribulation,’ being survivors of it, living right on into God’s New Order without ever having to die. (Revelation 7:9, 10, 14; John 11:26) The early members of this group are now in their 60’s or 70’s or older. Jehovah did not allow the ingathering of this group to begin too soon. The “great crowd,” including many of the earliest members thereof, will survive into the “new earth.” (Survival Into a New Earth p. 185 (1984) emphasis mine)

At this point, we are very close to having three classes instead of two. It's becoming increasingly apparent that "Other sheep" exist during the "Time of the end" not just as prospective members of the "Great crowd" who lose that status via premature death, but as a separate class who were never prospective members of the "Great crowd" at all.

That is a theological nightmare when you stop to think about all the implications.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JW religion is a commercialized fraud started by ignorant indulgent religious charlatans,

that being so is it any wonder the WTS. is now in the position of creating diverse lies

and misinformation to keep itself afloat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit