Why Eve sinned (WT 8/2013)

by EdenOne 154 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I'm wondering what homo erectus hunted with his spear been as animals didn't eat eachother until after the 'apple incident'....

Those spears used for cabbage?

You do realise they used fire as they didnt have the enzymes to metabolise raw meat?

We KNOW they ate meat and they wore half the animals that they lived near..... someone had dominion over the animals and was eating them before god said it was allowed..... awwwwwww ! Naughty Neanderthals !

• prologos
    prologos

not the fruit incident after the water incident above mount everest.

no wonder he got mad at them and drowned them for exercising free choice /will/ choice cuts of meats.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty: So Abraham had no soul.

In the sense that he didn't possess the spiritual bond of sonship with God, no. He was a "friend of God", but not his son.

Cofty: It must be great to just make stuff up out of nowhere.

I don't claim to have any sort of divine enlightenment or inspiration, so what I write is the result of an inquisitive mind that likes to theorize and speculate. It's a great mental exercise - you should try it sometime. Keeps dementia away in old age, or so I've heard.

Cofty: If you can't see why we value human lives more than the lives of seals I can't help you.

I know why, and I do. My point is that if humans are simply sophisticated animals who came about without God in the process, then why do you ascribe God with the quality of moral monster to beguin with? it makes no sense as an argument.

Eden

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

You have answered my questions... which of course generates more questions. I will try to get back tomorrow, as I have also some work to finish.
    Thank you.

• cofty
    cofty

It's a great mental exercise - you should try it sometime.

I do, I call it daydreaming. I don't write it down, start a blog or speak as if anybody else should pay the slightest attention to it.

if humans are simply sophisticated animals who came about without God in the process, then why do you ascribe God with the quality of moral monster to beguin with?

Not even wrong.

According to you god watched sentient humans suffer for 200 000 years and offered them no help or hope.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

s&r:

I'm wondering what homo erectus hunted with his spear been as animals didn't eat eachother until after the 'apple incident'....

Those spears used for cabbage?

You do realise they used fire as they didnt have the enzymes to metabolise raw meat?

What's your point here? In my scenario, God kickstarted the universe and its physical laws, and then evolution took place as any scientist would be apologetic of, until the moment God decided to take interest in the Homo Sapiens.

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty:

I don't write it down, start a blog or speak as if anybody else should pay the slightest attention to it.

And yet, here you are, and paying a modicum of your attention to it.

According to you god watched sentient humans suffer for 200 000 years and offered them no help or hope.

Well, according to my hypothetical scenario, that is. But, stop being so Homo-Sapiens-centric for a moment and answer me this: Why would God be more helpful towards the Homo species, more than he would be of a seal or a gazelle or any other animal? What sort of moral obligation should God feel towards the Homo species, any more than he would feel towards a seal or a gazelle or even a bug? Just because we were a tad smarter? I suspect that, in your head, despite your atheism, you still see man as being made in the image of God, and that's why you make that claim that God should treat humans with more dignity that any other animal. Yes, you shouldn't have missed the point that, until Adam and Eve, during those "200.000" years, God didn't have any direct intervention in how the man came about - except being at the very kickstart of the universe.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

I suspect that, in your head, you still see man as being made in the image of God, and that's why you make that claim.

This conversation has now become demeaning.

If you decide you want an grown up conversation let me know.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

This conversation has now become demeaning.

Not at all. (Unless, of course, if you believe that theism is some sort of mental shortcoming). I'm trying to comprehend how an atheist can make questions that belong to the thinking frame of a theist, that's all. And still, you haven't answered my question, you merely averted it.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

You are asking why human suffering is more significant than that of a bug and you seriously expect me to answer. Really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit