Why Eve sinned (WT 8/2013)

by EdenOne 154 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

May I ask where do you get the origin of this idea of "sonship"? And why was a sonship needed?

Luke 3:38 - "Kenan was the son of Enosh. Enosh was the son of Seth. Seth was the son of Adam. Adam was the son of God."

Romans 8:14 - " For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God."

Galatians 3:26 - "For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 4:6 - " Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Your god is beneath my contempt.

That's fine with him. That's why He gave humans free will, so that they could exercise it, as you are now. Yet, no one, even the non-believers, are beyond salvation, which keeps on being extended to everyone through faith in Christ.

Still, you're exercising double standards. If humans are nothing but sophisticated animals (as an atheist would posite), why would God be morally responsable for the fate of humans any more than a sea lion who gets caught by an orca?

Eden

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

If the writer of Genesis was still alive he would laugh his ass off if he knew would actually believe it was taken litural. It is a story that is taken from babylonical stories... Stories of people who believed in multiple deities. Do research on Genesis. Now THAT would open your eyes!

• cofty
    cofty

Eden - are you saying that unless humans were created, their well being is no more important than that of a seal?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

// Luke 3:38 - "Kenan was the son of Enosh. Enosh was the son of Seth. Seth was the son of Adam. Adam was the son of God ."

Romans 8:14 - " For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God."

Galatians 3:26 - "For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 4:6 - " Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."//

Okay. Fair enough. Thanks.
    You do take it literally then...

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

When you have a minute, I would appreciate your answers of my 5 questions. No pressure.
    (#5 is especially something I wonder about...) Thanks.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm currently on my IPhone and working for another hour. Will get back at this when i get behind my laptop again.

Eden

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hi Eden One

Thanks for your very interesting theory to harmonize a literal belief in Adam and Eve with "theistic evolution."

To me it is clear that there were humans living way before bible chronology. There are just so many proofs for that (for example cave paintings Cosquer and Chauvet Caves). I kind of believe in "theistic evolution" and I once also tried to harmonize it with a literal interpretation of the Adam and Eve account.

You can look at it from different views.

1. Adam and Eve account is symbolic and not literal (tree of knowledge ... and tree of life seem quite symbolic) and Adam and Eve a symbol for mankind and its fall. 2. Adam and Eve literal but account just from a viewpoint of an observer in Eden (like Gen. 1 from an observer on earth). 3. Adam and Eve result of God creating humans through evolution (imparting soul), maybe a description of not just one couple. There are many ways to look at it, a lot of mysteries.

One thing is sure for me. WT viewpoint completely wrong as it dismisses all scientific facts, facts not just theories.

Edenone, maybe we can speculate another time more.

• Laika
    Laika

Eden, the satan-in-nature hypothesis sounds like something you'd like:

http://gregboyd.blogspot.co.uk/2007/07/argument-from-animal-suffering.html

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Bible is homo sapiens specific. Why should God choose us and not whales as in Star Trek? Different animals have different strengths. We live in an ecosystem. I doubt that many animals would vote for humans as the top species. We need them to exist.

Genesis makes no sense unless you accept the ancient culture from which the stories derived. Why is the woman the heavy? Indeed, what makes Eve disobedient to God. Jews do not view Satan the way most Christians view Satan. He is often seen as an advocate for humans before God. His character keeps changing with each appearance. What is wrong with knowledge? Why not be as God? We are also taught we were made in his Image. Adam and Eve are cartoon characters with no dimension.

Again, what is wrong with knowledge. To quote from the latest Star Trek film, why does God need a starship? I did not know that Gnosticism existed during this period but perhaps it did. Why do we view everything so literally? These are tales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit