Can the jw organization be reformed?

by wannaexit 122 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

@Vidiot

They adapt continuously and i see no reason why they could not adapt/reform if needed. And if its needed is up to us... not up to spectators and apostates.

Do you have any idea when the 10 posts per 24hrs period for newbies is over? ,.. cause i have to wait again if i want to post more after this one.

• tec
    tec

of course it can be.....

but it doesn't matter what they do to it, it still does not make it the truth.

Agreed! I was about to write this very thing, but knew you had commented on this thread, and decided to read through first.

Anything can be reformed. The Catholic Church has undergone reformations. Reforming something that is not the Truth, does not make it the Truth. Might make the people within happier, or might attact more people to them... but it will still not be the Truth... because the Truth is not an organization, but rather someONE.

Christ.

Peace and love to you, JM, and all,

tammy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

emeth - "They adapt continueously and I see no reason why they could not adapt/reform if needed."

Funny, 'cause on the first page of this thread, you specifically stated that "There is no need to reform."

emeth - "And if it's needed, it's up to us... not up to spectators and apostates."

I see.

So, in effect, you're saying that even if non-JWs (or worse, XJWs) were absolutely correct about the need for significant changes, the WTS will only implement them when it's damn good and ready to, and certainly not when anyone else thinks it should.

If so, that contrarian attitude will all but guarantee that the WTS will never, ever fix its problems, because on a fundamental level, it doesn't believe it could ever truly be that wrong.

You know who stubbornly refused to change course even in the face of mounting evidence they were mistaken, and when everyone around them was practically begging them to see reason?

The Bush II administration.

emeth - "Do you have any idea when the 10 posts per 24hrs period for newbies is over? ,..cause i have to wait again if i want to post more after this one.""

Why the urgency? You realize you're breaking the WT rules just being here, right?

Wait, never mind, you can't answer (today, anyway).

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have also come to the conclusion that reform has nothing to do with doing the right thing, but has everything to do with the fruition of their agenda.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Vidiot: 'You know who stubbornly refused to change course even in the face of mounting evidence they were mistaken, and when everyone around them was practically begging them to see reason?'

I can think of another irreformable character.........Hitler!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

anyone seen Gods celestial forward moving victoriuos orginization embedded on his chariot lately? I cant say I've seen it much either, what I've seen is apathy, materialism, foul mothed behaviour, the covering up of child rapists, and pay outs in court cases, the merging and closing of KH's, real evidence of it, I must have missed the chariot, perhaps its figerative!

• jookbeard
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWGoneBad - "I can think of another irreformable character.........Hitler!"

I have a tough time picturing the current crop of GB members pounding on the podium and shouting until they're blue in the face...

...that being said, however, the anti-apostate rhetoric has gotten pretty extreme of late.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wannaexit - "I have also come to the conclusion that reform has nothing to do with doing the right thing, but has everything to do with the fruition of their agenda."

That's the paradox inherent in trying to maintain a theocracy.

Because it's a theocracy, it has to appear infallible, but on a practical level, it still needs to be able to learn from its mistakes.

I suspect, however, that the WTS has gotten to the point where it's become convinced it is (virtually) infallible, and as such, doesn't need to learn from it's mistakes, because it can no longer perceive that it's making them.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There will be no reform. The only purpose of the organization at this point is to preserve its assets and power gained through the creation of wealth.

Reform would put these resoruces at risk, and for that reason alone you will never see any significant change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit