Can the jw organization be reformed?

by wannaexit 122 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, if the strain gets too much it might just split. That's what happened in Isreal. You should be able to recognize the pattern.

• Revolution (Exodus)
    • Establishment (Leviticus)
    • Degeneration (Judges)
    • Revival (David and Solomon, 1 Kings, 2 Kings)
    • Oppression (Rehoboam, 1 Kings 12)
    • Division (Revolution)(1 Kings 12)
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

NewYork44am - "Reform would put these resoruces at risk, and for that reason alone you will never see any significant change."

That, too.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Just to add, the organization has no interest in increasing its ranks. Why? Because every new person creates a potential liability. And liabilities are not conducive to wealth creation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jgnat - "You know, if the strain gets too much it might just split."

EDIT: Dogpatch is of the opinion that the WTS is gonna fragment, WCG-style.

You got me thinking about possible names of JW schism denominations...

"East Coast Reform Witnesses"

"Conscious Class Christians of Canada"

"Faithful and Discreet Slavers"

"Watchtower Revivalists" (aka "Towerites")

"Overlapping Generationers"

"Rutherfordians"

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

What is the saying if it's ain't broke don't fix it....The Society doesn't know they are broken, they mis/spoke, speculated, misunderstood...but never wrong. If an org. or person gives all these excuses for saying, they are not wrong....then we have to say..Ah, don't think so...

I don't doubt for a minute that the Society doesn't monitor sites like these & others & they see that there are holes in some of the stuff they say..& yet, they still march on....they stick to their story...It is not allowed to show a different opinion or interpretation of a scripture...why because of this unity thing...

You see, & many know this...we are thinking many are leaving & not so many coming in..they don't care if only one newby comes in a year & one lost sheep returns every 5 yrs....to them it's Jehovah's organization, that is what keeps most there...they really & truly believe that...no matter what...to put it another way, It has to be Jehovah's organization....the world has lied to most of them (not like it hasn't lied to everyone) but they take it more personal...if this is not his organization, they would be no more good....They have a sense of belonging & most of them need structure...Most of us live our lives in balance...we try not to eat too much, drink too much, have too much casual sex....don't think that every person we meet is the one....but most witnesses are not balanced thinkers. They can't do anything in moderation, they have to be somewhere where they are held accountable.

I love my hall & most of the friends....we are all a little off....they complain that so & so is crazy spend sometime with any of them...they are off as well. I'm not saying I don't have any issues but somehow the issues most of them have I don't....They are petty, easily offended, get all uptight when a CO or a Bethlite comes to the hall to visit...example..I go out in service on Saturdays if possible & sometimes on Sunday well anyway, last week I didn't go, so my x study conductor (I'm now baptised) said she would see me this Sat. but that one of the other Elders is coming. Here's the rub, if I'm going out in service I'm going out because that's what I want to do...not because CO or any so called inportant brother is joining our field service group...then a few weeks ago, I had a talk...so the same x study conductor says, wow, you have a talk the same day the CO is coming, ain't that something...I said oh well, I still have to give the talk..so let's say I really was validated by these men, I most likely would have been so nervous...but I didn't let that affect me come to find out, he went into the smaller school to see the other talk..so I would have been nervous for nothing at all...They are still impressed with mortal men & status....Once I saw that & decided that this just may not be God's org...I was fine. I don't have any pride because of this may or may not be God's org. So what if it is & so what if it isn't....no matter what I'm still going to have to carry my own load & so will all in the society...that's very sobering when you come to think of it...that each and everyone of is going to have to give an account of themselves...just being a witness is not a password for everlasting life. God is not going to say, Hey Mary, so, while you were on earth were you a witness...ah, you were...come right on in...Not happening...It's the idea of being chosen, that's what blows up their skirts...nothing more, nothing less. Why type of folks want to be chosen...I will leave that as a question...no maybe I'll answer....they think they are better than others....

So all that to say, can or will they reform....no, they will adjust but not reform...I've posted on different topix on here & what I have learned about the society is that they are teflon...nothing or nobody touches them or maybe even care. There is too much controversy about them & yet, the rest of the world is unaware of any of it...They have been blinding the minds of many for years & will continue to do so...Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, all have a ring of truth, yet none of them will ever sit at a table together & thrash is all out, to come up with the truth that is written in the bible...too much arrogance & pride, my God is better than you God...that's how humans mature or imature think...

At the end of the day...the bible is about life lessons..&&&&& Be Good & Be Ready...in between treat your fellow man right...it's just that simple...it's nice to know that Solomon had x amount of wives, etc. But if you walk in the street & see someone in need maybe they are hurt or hungry, does that information about Solomon matter at all...NO....there were 600 commandements, then 10, now only 2, love God with all your heart & soul & your neighbor...God is our father...he gave us 600 rules, we couldn't do them, then he said, they can't even do that...so he narrowed it down to 10 & we still can't do it...so he threw his hands up in the air & said, darn it...now I'm only giving you 2 commandments..& Guess what yawl ? We can't even do those...

Legacy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

@Jookbeard And your point is? 100 yrs ago there were only 6000 publishers worldwide.. now there are about 8 million.

Emeth: Isn't is said that Jehovah desires NONE to be destroyed? Currently JWs have been successful at saving only 1/10th of 1% of the billions of mankind that God desires to be saved. We all admit (as do all JWs) that there are many many GOOD people who happen to NOT be JWs. But JW doctrine is that they will be destroyed.

Surely Jehovah is greatly disappointed in the PR work JWs are doing in His Name.

Perhaps Jesus should have selected a Bill Gates or Sam Walton to run things. They have a lot better record than that of the WTS.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Society doesn't know they are broken,

1970s $$$$$$$$$$$$

1980s $$$$$$$$$

1990s $$$$$$

2000s $$$$

2010 Rick $immon$

I suspect they are seeing the writing on the wall.

Doc

• emeth
    emeth

DesirousOfChange

Emeth: Isn't is said that Jehovah desires NONE to be destroyed? Currently JWs have been successful at saving only 1/10th of 1% of the billions of mankind that God desires to be saved. Surely Jehovah is greatly disappointed in the PR work JWs are doing in His Name.

JW's dont save,.. JW's dont convert, JW's dont draw people towards Jehovah.. people do themselves together with Jehovah. Jehovah sees the hearts and there will come a moment in time (the future) that each and everyone of us will have to take a position, for or against Jehovah. Everyone will be responsible for their own destiny.

The way you reason is ridiculous. From your point of view Noah did a lousy Job,.. Jehovah must have been very dissapointed in the PR Work Noah did in His name. Only Noah his own household listened. According to you Noah was a big FAIL. Jesus was a FAIL too according to you... because he came for the children of Israel but they (99%) did not listen to him and decided to kill him. I guess Jeremiah was a Big Fail too he was mocked and faced all kind of difficulties and nobody listened.

Ooh and didnt Jesus tell us ... the last days would be like the days of Noah? well you just confirmed they are just like that

last post for now... my daily limit as newbie is reached again

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Call me a cynic but if there ever is a reform it will have NOTHING to do with the bible, religion, or intrepretation of events - it will be about a power struggle to control the money. And that pot of gold is quite large.

The days of generating cash from the friends are over. There is no money selling books for free and relying on donations. The value of the corporation has to do with its holdings in real estate and investments. The churning of property that we see relates to creating value. It is a different financial model than that of the pre 90's organization but they are doing quite well. So, at this point, the brothers are only a means to an end. You cant have a religion without people, but they can really be a pain in the ass.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Only Noah his own household listened.

Won't the majority on earth that died in the global flood at that time be resurrected?

Or do you really think Noah (the only righteous man) preached his warning message to ALL mankind on ALL continents?

Or, did the poor bastards living too far away for Noah to contact just die with no hope, no knowledge, no salvation, no second chance?

(All of this pretending the Noachian Deluge was a true event.)

Doc

BTW -- You CANNOT count your time with comments to me. I'm a baptized publisher in good standing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit