Can the jw organization be reformed?

by wannaexit 122 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

@jookbeard in time a lot will be destroyed but Jehovah's Witnesses wont be part of that. If the time comes that growth will stop its time for Jehovah's Witnesses to rejoice because it will mean that all who is worth it is gathered. So i am not contesting that its more difficult to find a listening ear. I just stated that the facts bugbear used were not correct.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

how many JW's in 1 billion plus China? how many JW's in 1 billion plus India 30 thousand? how many JW's in the 2 billion plus Islamic nations? a handful? whats the earth population? 7 billion plus? WT membership 7 million? impressive!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Could Hitler be reformed? No chance!

WT, like Hitler, has too much of a biased, self-centered & bigoted mentality to be reformed.

• emeth
    emeth

@Jookbeard And your point is? 100 yrs ago there were only 6000 publishers worldwide.. now there are about 8 million.

The only reason why its more difficult in china and islamic countries is because we have to do our work underground. But things can change in a short period of time. We had the same experience during the 90's in former Soviet Union and experienced enormous growth after its downfall. Now, since 2011, dictators that ruled the middle east for decades are thrown of their pedestals, so who knows how that region will look like in the next years. With Jehovah all is possible and he is not looking for quantity but quality. Luckily we dont exist to impress you or anyone else on this forum

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

As of 2011, it took a staggering average of 6488 hours of preaching work to produce a new baptism; in 2012 that escalated to 6506 hours. In 1981, the average was around 3000 hours to produce a new baptism.

I think it's easy to concede that:

a) The preaching work is getting less effective. Why?

b) It's getting harder and harder to produce a convert. Why?

Eden

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I remember the hype when the Soviet Union broke up and the WT was legalized and some of the figures being banded about the there could be maybe close to a million publishers in Russia alone how many was there 60,000? they way I see the coming years as has always been the case in my lifetime that the WTS will fall so behind in peoples consciousness because of the ridiculous rise in the worlds population that they will hold very little relevance to people in gerneral, thats why Bugbears figures should be looked at with interest, thanks Eden I'd forgot that its almost 7000 hours to convert 1 single person to baptism! bit of mental athrimatic tells me that a 10 hour a month publisher would take 60 years to complete the task?

"with Jeehovah anything is possible!" didnt help your own brothers in Malawi very much did he in the 70's yet helped your brothers in Mexico to steal forged national service exemption certificates while the poor Malawi brothers were tortured/raped/murdered, certainly anything is possible with Jeehovah

• emeth
    emeth

@Jookbeard I think the ancient nation of Israel was of little relevance, to the people and world citizens in general, too. They were a small nation ,.. of no signifigance to the rest of the world. So what? We are not here to be relevant to the rest of the world, we dont care what people think of us. Contrary to you i think that the world will continue to recognise Jehovah's Witnesses and will know who they are. So lets sit back and wait those 'coming years'. I look forward to it.

This was my last comment for now because as a newbie i have a posting limit which is reached with this post

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"we dont care what people think of us"

yes sadly the case , no change there then

I guarantee you if you was to conduct a survey in one of the most poulated places on the planet and interview a million people and ask every single one of them what " are the main details of the Kingdom of God that we as Jehovahs Witnessess are preaching?" that 99.999999% of all people will answer " the only real things I know about JW's are a) they dont take blood transfusions, b) dont celebrate Christmas and c) bang on my door trying to flog me unintersting magazines! A great world wide campain !

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The world population in 2012 is estimated to be 7.12 billion human beings. In 1999, that population was 6 billions. This represents a growth of 18,66%.

The average number of JW publishers in 1999 was 5.65 millions ; In 2012 that number was 7.53 millions. This represents a growth of 33,27%.

In 1999 there was 1 active JW per 1.260 inhabitants; In 2012 there was 1 active JW per 945 inhabitants.

Eden

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not hugley impressive figures are they EdenOne?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit