Can the jw organization be reformed?

by wannaexit 122 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm not judging the facts, merely presenting them.

Eden

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think that it is slowly is reforming. If you went back in time 20 yrs and told a JW living back then that there would be : only 2 meeting days a week, 3 magazines a month (2 at 16 pgs each), not only literature but Letters to Bodies of elders, talk outlines, etc. all available online in PDF format people would turn you in to the elders and you would be marked or reproved for spreading unreliable gossip. Times are changing, they are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooowly becoming more mainstream-ish.

• prologos
    prologos

The Reformation of the catholic church produst protests, protestants.

conflict in England, a 30 year war in Europe, and the catholic Church still exists today.

Wt exists because many love it that way for their own reasons.

not all Ex JWs want to reform, they hust want freedom, to join, and identify, with the advancement - producing rest of the human race.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FRANKIE: Reform will not come not a desire to correct some past wrongs, but come only by the force of necessity, over lawsuits invovling child molestation issues, so as to stop the bleeding of cash to prevent finacial ruin. It will come by sucessful court cases against them, and it will come in a effort to keep the Corporation profitable or slow its disintegration.

Thier is nothing that I can see as inherently good about this arrogant Governing Body, they seem hell bent on riding the Titanic/Watchtower Corporation till it sinks into oblivion. They seem old and delusionally set in their ways, thinking they are this imaginary 'Faithful and Discreet Slave' figure that can do no wrong. Reform can come but with their type of personalities and arrogance moving mountains may be easier.

I'm afraid Frankiekspeakin is right: the only changes will likely come as a result of monetary losses including litigation. They (GB) will make changes (the WT Legal Dept will force them into changes) to stop the financial bleeding.

The greatest contributors are (1) publishers in the western world where there is easy internet access and who have TTATT at their fingertips and keyboard; (2) the elderly who are [silently] questioning why they have grown old and are dying or burying their spouses. These two factors will have a great impact on contributions.

Additionally, (3) many JWs are no longer willing to shun their family members. Thus the constant pounding on the subject at assemblies and in the WT literature; and (4) many JWs are refusing to obey the ban on higher education. Those who are retirees are seeing how damaging it was for them and they do not want their children and grandchildren to suffer the same fate.

Armageddon has not come. Many have lost faith in God's Channel of Communication and are just going through the motions. If the WT doesn't adapt, it will lose the support of these groups for good.

Doc

• emeth
    emeth

I guarantee you if you was to conduct a survey in one of the most poulated places on the planet and interview a million people and ask every single one of them what " are the main details of the Kingdom of God that we as Jehovahs Witnessess are preaching?" that 99.999999% of all people will answer " the only real things I know about JW's are a) they dont take blood transfusions, b) dont celebrate Christmas and c) bang on my door trying to flog me unintersting magazines!

@jookbeard Thats says more about those people, their interests, priorities and attention than it says about our message and how we bring it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this many times here before but obviously it bears repeating; reform/progressive change is pretty much impossible at this point.

The WTS has painted itself far too tightly into an ideological corner, and (under Jaracz's iron-fisted reign) has all but completely purged the heirarchy of intellectuals, creative-types, and outside-the-box thinkers - individuals whose skills are absolutely vital for successful reform.

Reform is adaptation, and the rules of natural selection apply to social organisms as much as they do biological organisms...

...and I'm still having difficulty imagining how an insular and marginilized apocalyptic/milllennialist authoritarian high-control group (that insists on staying the course in the face of any and all evidence that they're in error) can successfully evolve and adapt to survive in the rapidly changing, transparency-craving, information-saturated environment of the 21st Century; (EDIT) if it somehow did, it would arguably no longer be the Watchtower Society.

Organisms unable (or unwilling) to adapt to a rapidly changing environment are destined for extinction; it's a fundamental aspect of reality.

• emeth
    emeth

Organisms unable (or unwilling) to adapt to a rapidly changing environment are destined for extinction; it's a fundamental aspect of reality.

True,... soon Jehovah will focus on those who did not want to adapt and , because of that, are destined for extinction.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

emeth - "...soon Jehovah will focus on those who did not want to adapt and, because of that, are destined for extinction."

So you're saying that the WTS can (and will) successfully adapt and reform?

• emeth
    emeth

Vidiot- So you're saying that the WTS can and does successfully adapt and reform?

Never heard about Jehovah’s Celestial Chariot on the Move? This awe-inspiring vehicle can do amazing things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

emeth - "Never heard about Jehovah’s Celestial Chariot on the Move? This awe-inspiring vehicle can do amazing things."

I know you're trying to be cute, but nontheless, pretend I'm a dummy, and please answer the question simply (as in, "yes" or "no")...

...can (and will) the WTS successfully adapt and reform?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit