Did Cedars manipulate Lee into having a thread closed?

by cedars 164 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

This is perhaps an instructive lesson in not poking old wounds. Bygones should really be bygones.

While I feel for what cedars may be going through, he did re-open this old topic. It is therefore unhelpful for him to refer to Simon's "bickering and contentiousness" when many of cedars own ways with words could easily fit under those descriptors - but he would understandably have a different view.

I do hope that Downton Abbey helps bring a measure of relief and sense of perspective.

Sometimes the wounds we feel so keenly are due to our own prodding and poking.

• Apostating
    Apostating

This thread got me thinking. Maybe i'm pushing an open door, and i don't mean any disrespect. But is it harder for someone who is still in to be completely honest?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Everybody is their own universe. (Meaning: we all see things from our own perspective. Even when we try to see things from another person's perspective, it doesn't always resonate or make sense. Sometimes it seems to "resonate" or make sense, and we all get along, everybody's happy. Until another moment or something happens where we realize, once again, that everybody is their own universe....)

(This applies to everybody, anywhere, in any sort of relationship: friendship, marriage, message boards, forums, our colleagues at work, our pets... any time there is communication, there can also be communication break-down. Clarity and insight are gifts. When they happen, we appreciate these gifts.)

Peace.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Apostating- posting guideline 10. Maybe start a new thread, you sound like you are stirring.

• Simon
    Simon

Simon don't worry.....we realize you as a forum admin have as much authority as the GB does. ZERO! :)

LOL, ain't that the truth!

I've tried "Don't you know who I am!" with Angharad and the kids and they just laugh.

But is it harder for someone who is still in to be completely honest?

I don't know about 'honest' per se but I think when you are leaving you can go through many different stages and feelings. I remember being angry and in hindsight I was probably more angry at my own failings and what I allowed to happen in my life because of the WTS. Later you can get depressed, other times almost euphoric over the freedom.

Making sense of all these feelings and navigating through them is difficult but more so if we chose to be more "public". Sometimes we feel more on the hook for past statements or decisions and what people may think if we change our minds and also it requires a certain amount of stubborness to start some things in the first place.

• steve2
    steve2

One of my mottoes in life is, "I can always do better next time" - it doesn't let me off the hook for my behavior but encourages me to try again if I don't quite live up to my own professed values.

So very often in exchanges between people, perspective is everything - it usually doesn't make sense to try to "prove" who started something or to say who is "right".

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I am on the same page as ProblemAddict. I don't know what transpired, although by the tone of things...there appears to be some deep seated issue left unresolved....maybe a Skype over a Guiness might help.

I would like to state something for the record:

Simon: I applaud your efforts with this site. I do not know you, but I have a feeling that in time, I may have that opportunity. You have assisted in the awakening of so many people. This site has helped people address a lot of problems in their lives and NOT all of them due to their affiliation with the WT. You are to be commended.

Cedars: You have manifested a bravery and determination that is rarely seen by those that move on. Your affiliation with AAWA is simply a demonstration of that determination. I have appreciated your blog posts, your comments on this forum, and your candor. You are to be commended.

That being said, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" You are both on the same page with essentially the same desire. Let's not forget what your objective has been and continues to be. Let's not get swept away in the minutiae, because then it simply becomes alot of noise like some of the posts from one of our favorite apologists.

Just a thought,

SOP

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

This thread is like beating the dead cat that Cedar's pulled up by the tail.

Carry on.

zed

• bohm
    bohm

The dead horse has been beaten so much that even saying dont beat the dead horse is beating a dead horse!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

This sort of bickering between to opposing egos does nothing to encourage lurkers or newbies to become involved on this site .This sort of debate/accusations against each other is not helpfull to the board , jwn,or Cedars site .

If I was a lurker and witnessed this behaviour , I would think why would I want to be involved in that site .

Why are you guys having a public spat over your differences , for all to see , why arent you using the pm option to thrash out your greivances with each other, so none of us are involved .

It is not a good perception .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit