Did Cedars manipulate Lee into having a thread closed?

by cedars 164 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

Show me where I've made any comment on this issue. I honestly can't remember any.

Well I honestly can, and it's tiresome enough having to settle this issue with Simon without simultaneously assuaging your demands for evidence.

Cedars

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I've been invoked too. Didn't know cedars kept an enemies list.

• Simon
    Simon

I should add that if nothing else I have hopefully unequivocally answered the question "Did Cedars manipulate Lee into having a thread closed?"

Any reasonable person should be able to see that, semantics aside, I did nothing of the sort.

Yes, be happy that you've said your piece and trust people to decide ...

So I have a question for you Simon - DID I manipulate your then-moderator Lee into locking a thread on your forum?

Am I allowed to also make my own mind up about things?

I believe you are wording things cleverly but you can see from the exchange in the topic and emails why it appears to me that the topic was locked on behalf of the AAWA / you. Whether you call this manipulation or not is a diversion - I don't think you were "manipulating" her but simply taking advantage of her position as a moderator on this site even though she may also have been too eager to help (which was her mistake, not yours).

Personally, I never understodd why she would chose to re-lock the topic right after it's been unlocked the first time. That made things look bad.

Believe it or not, we get a lot of stick off people for "locking topics" and "deleting things" when the truth is we try and do it as little as possible. You can perhaps understand why I'd be against things be locked at other groups request as it would then become something that *I* would be criticised for.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cedars I don't think I've ever commented on this issue and I think you know it. You're just trying to widen the conflict to shore up your flagging position.

You are quick to demand evidence from others. Either show this is true or leave me out of it:

I have logged on and seen the usual suspects (i.e. LMSA, slimboyfat etc) giving your version of events as fact

• Simon
    Simon

I've been invoked too. Didn't know cedars kept an enemies list.

"Sorry, if you're not on the list you can't come in."

Oops, wrong list ... ah, here it is "ok, you people on the list - get up against that wall !!"

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

cedars when you are ready one of us will give you a hand - wouldn't want you falling off that high horse

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

I'm blocked from making further comments because my posting limit has expired, so this will be my final comment on the subject unless Simon wants to extend my limit.

To slimboyfat - I remain convinced you've said something about the thread locking, but if it turns out I'm wrong then I apologise unreservedly. You will find I'm quicker to apologise when I'm proven to be wrong than Simon seems to be.

LMSA - you DEFINITELY made said remarks. Unless you no longer wish to stand by them, I fail to understand what your quarrel is.

Simon - I find it interesting that you accuse me of putting a spin on words by using the word "manipulate" and then commit the same perceived sin by accusing me of "taking advantage" of Lee. If you are still hell bent on misrepresenting me despite the evidence I've shown then there is clearly no redemption. It's a shame because we could so easily have drawn a line under this once and for all. But for some reason you have other ideas.

Cedars

• Simon
    Simon

Cedars, can you not see I'm not trying to misrepresent you?!? I'm explaining to you how it all appeared from MY perspective and why I feel the way I do and reacted how I did.

I understand that for whatever reason you won't accept that but for god's sake, can't you just let it go? 6 MONTHS !!

As I already said, would it even be that big a deal if you had?

I've explained why it matters to me because I am the one that gets all the criticism for things being locked, I can't for the life of me understand why it matters to you when the sematics all really come down to the same thing: the topic was locked by the AAWA because they wanted it locked. Who said what to who first all comes still all comes down to the same thing.

Yes, Lee was over-eager to help her new best-friends and in doing so she caused more issues. Do we need to keep re-living it?!?

• steve2
    steve2

Cedars, I got the impression that when you returned to this forum some months ago, you were letting bygones be bygones. Sure, many things had been said and misunderstandings and hurt feelings emerged. It was a hard time for you - and I get that you may have had to put the brakes on how you really felt.

I admired the way you responded when you were welcomed back.

Now, to start dredging up the old threads in an attempt to show 'who said what and when' seems churlish and pointless. Back then, as now, Simon did not say anything untoward. I accept that, for your part, you were under the impression that those who start threads could subsequently lock them. You were wrong in that impression and it led you to request the moderator to lock the thread on more than one occasion you started even after Simon had responded (and I agree with Simon, he was not heavy-handed in his comments to the moderator).

Please let bygones be bygones - because it is distracting the way you bring up the past - as you did on the thread about "research" on the numbers who have died as a result of the blood ban.

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

Like I said, I've reached my account limit. And for all my eccentricities, cross dressing is not one of them.

Simon - I don't have Marvin's strength to entertain your bickering and contentiousness for hours on end, so I will just draw satisfaction from knowing that I have finally set the record straight for any who were swayed by the likes of you and OUTLAW, and I will retire to watch Downton Abbey with my wife. A much more enjoyable way to spend an evening.

Besides, I need some kind of distraction from my disappointment at not getting my badge of honor this time round.

See you all soon.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit