Did Cedars manipulate Lee into having a thread closed?

by cedars 164 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

I will happily answer this question if there can be some guarantees this thread won't be deleted.

• Simon
    Simon

Here's my first piece of evidence:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/250042/19/AAWA-is-here-The-Association-of-Anti-Watchtower-Activists#.UmVYO_me8jQ

Cedars makes an anouncement that the discussion is over.

The topic is locked - I didn't know who by or why (normally we discuss things like this in the admin section) so I unlocked it and posted:

Not sure why this topic was locked or who by.

Lady Lee then locked it again after posting:

Simon I locked by request of Cedars I had made a post about that but I guess it got lost along the way

I unlocked it a second time and was annoyed that we had this moderation-by-proxy happening.

Really? You locked it again? There is nothing violating the posting guidelines here so no reason to lock it. Please moderate THIS site according to THIS site's guildelines only.

We're not here to just be an announcement board for another site. This is a discussion forum. People posting things should expect discussion which can involve differing opinions.

Last time I checked, Cedars was NOT a moderator of this site either directly or by proxy.

Whether people like or don't like the name is immaterial. Only those running an organization get to chose the name and that is what they have chosen. This doesn't mean people can't have an opinion about it though.

Cedars then replied:

Thanks Simon , sorry about that.

So, that's ONE very public reason that I believe Lady Lee locked it because Cedars / the AAWA asked for it to be locked.

• Witness My Fury
  • Simon
    Simon

Now, Cedars: You claim to have email evidence that this is not the case. Obviously, you can understand why I believe that it was locked at the request of the AAWA when there is an announcement about it by the President and then another member locks the topic (twice, after being questioned why). Why would I have reason to think otherwise? You guys wanted the topic ended.

But you claim to have an email that proves you think matters or alters things?

• cedars
    cedars

Yes Simon, nobody's disputing that Lee said that under duress when you confronted her in public.

Just preparing the email I received on April 6th... hang on.

Cedars

• Simon
    Simon

"preparing" ?

Surely it's just copy and paste ... I do hope you don't attempt to edit things.

• Simon
    Simon

Waiting ... this is a lot of preparing going on.

Did you not "keep your powder dry"?

As a side note to, despite all the grand talk about the board decision being final on the name and the refusal to change it ... you changed it.

So who was right about the name?

• cedars
    cedars

To provide some background, the thread in question was started by me on April 3rd after I received emailed consent from Simon (at Lee's suggestion) to promote AAWA on his site.

Though initially very positive, the thread quickly dissolved into a fierce debate, not about AAWA's mission or objectives, but about its name - which had already been legally registered. Simon was among those leading the protests, rather unkindly I might add.

I and other board members at the time despaired that, rather than greeting our attempts to do something about Watchtower, people were feeling offended at not being involved in AAWA's start-up process and were already venting their frustration over something relatively trivial that could be changed at a later date.

On the 6th my wife and I went away for a day by ourselves. I was extremely stressed and the AAWA video alone had taken me weeks to complete. When I returned, I found this email in my inbox...

lee email to cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Simon

As a side note to, despite all the grand talk about the board decision being final on the name and the refusal to change it ... you changed it.

So who was right about the name?

One point at a time if that's ok, although I know how eager you will be to derail this.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

After receiving this email I had a discussion with the board. I convinced them that the name had to remain unchanged, at least for now. I also recommended that we take up Lee's proposal to close the thread. The board agreed.

I therefore made a few closing remarks and Lee closed the thread.

Simon then re-opened it and quizzed Lee on why she had closed it.

Lee got flustered under Simon's pressure and told him that I had told her to close it. While true, surely you can all see from the above email that this is only a fraction of the story.

But Simon wanted answers and I don't blame Lee for making her explanation concise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit