GAH!! AGM!!! >:( (Or "Grumblecakes is Disgusted")

by grumblecakes 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

No, they said they considered using the word "rice" instead of "bread" in the Chinese version, but opted for the generic "food" instead. Nothing about changing "bread" in English.

I really don't know what to say about this. Is the symbolic meaning of "bread" as food only understood in English? Do they not use bread at the Memorial in China too? They were actually considering using the word "rice" instead of "bread"? Truly unbelievable...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah because bread is an expensive food in China and conveys the wrong idea. Rice is the staple in China not bread, that's why the issue arises. Using "food" instead of "bread" is a sort of compromise. I think other translations into Chinese face similar issues.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They probavly use bread at the memorial in China I imagine, just not in the Bible verse.

• Splash
    Splash

The mobile device app that's being released on Monday from all of the main app stores looks good.

A side by side comparison of verses from the old NWT, the new NWT, the ASV, Diaglott, Geneva Bible, and one other.

I think they said it was called WT Library.

Splash

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What are they calling the two NWT versions on the app to distinguish them from one another? NWT61 and NWT13 perhaps?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't think those are the Bible versions, Splash, and the name is JW Library. I remember clearly that the King James is one of the versions offered, since that was such a surprise to me at the time that they said it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I read it was: ASV, Bible in Living English (Byington), KJV, NWT1 and NWT2.

Makes sense because they hold the copyright for the ASV and Byington, and the KJV is out of copyright.

• Splash
    Splash

Ah, swap out Geneva Bible for KJV and I think my list is correct.

Splash

• laverite
    laverite

There's been a lot of excitement kicked up over this newly, improved Watchtower Corp Bible. Will it bring any of us "back to the truth?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit