GAH!! AGM!!! >:( (Or "Grumblecakes is Disgusted")

by grumblecakes 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Newspeak anyone? Rigidly define words and rub out any ambiguous or secondary meanings. Narrow the range of conscious thought to leave you with less vocabulary to even conceptualise thoughtcrime.

The whole cult is more nuts than a macadamia farm.

• adamah
    adamah

Ohhh, can you look up Genesis 3:6 for me?

Thanks,

Adam

• adamah
    adamah

Oh, and Genesis 9:5-6, too.

Thanks,

Adam

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Oh and...

I was looking forward to hearing in what context the term "sister proof" was used...what the hell does that mean?

When he said "witness proof" everyone (in actual attendence) laughed. When he said "sister proof", it was a weird 1/2 1/2 mix of laughter and low "oooh".

THERE WAS NO EXPLINATION "SISTER PROOF"!

What the hell did he mean by that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Also, they read 2 complaint letters RE: the unavailability of NWTs...the first one he said "is from a SISTER" and lifts his eyebrows and pauses in lighthearted distain...To thunderous laughter!?!? It was seriously like being in the twilight zone.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ooh like how dare a WOMAN ask or question!!!

• suavojr
    suavojr

grumblecakes

He was making a joke about women not taking care of things

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Gen 3:6

"Consequently, the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something desireable to the eyes, yes, the tree was pleasing to look at. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterwards, she also gve some to her husbandwhen he was with her, and he bagan eating it."

• adamah
    adamah

Grumblecakes said-

THERE WAS NO EXPLINATION "SISTER PROOF"!

I think the answer is obvious: just consider the misogynistic source. Surprise, surprise that the GB consists of old males, stuck in the 1950's chauvanistic mentality, thinking of themselves as modern-day Israelites who also shared a 'women as property' thinking... These guys probably are upset women can drive, wear pants, etc.

Adam

• Comatose
    Comatose

Eve liked the fruit because it was pretty.... Imagine that.

• grumblecakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit