GAH!! AGM!!! >:( (Or "Grumblecakes is Disgusted")

by grumblecakes 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

First of all, big "thank you's" to everyone who put up the goods after attending! It really calmed my nerves to read what was about to go down rather than go in blind.

WHY IM DISGUSTED

The new bible (no, it doesnt have a new name, for all who are asking) is a huge F**KING MONSTROSITY! (not literally, same size).

The "Simplifyed language" is a poorly veiled attempt on their part to leave even less room for interpretations other than theirs. They took every word that could potentially have multiple meanings and changed it to mean only one thing (see appendex A2.

They DRASTICALLY reduced the index. Want to see where in the scriptures where a certain word appears? If its not on their list of "words commonly used in preaching" you're out of luck because that's all the index consists of.

The middle column for cross reference now barely exists!

The mini Reasoning Book in the front some have mentioned is, well, look for yourselves on Monday. I just don't have words to describe it.

This new edition narrows further the ability for the average JW to do intensive research and potentially raise questions in their own head. If the R&F think to much for themselves it could be dangerous.

The texture and quality of the cover is quite nice however.

I've got one (and just figured out photobucket) if anyone wants to see something in particular.

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/drgrumble_cakes/media/NB20131005_142215_zpsab8f4729.jpg.html

Ok now Imma make me a bloody mary. Cheers Everyone!

• zound
    zound

I'm interested in the reasoning book section - can you give us a sample? Maybe how to respond to atheists or something?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, the middle column leaves lots of room for you to make your own notes... or doodles

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The texture and quality of the cover is quite nice however.

The New WBT$ Bible Feels Good on..

My Bare Bum!!..

......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LOL. I just noticed that you happened to take a picture of the account of the lying, old prophet from Bethel! How very appropriate after attending the Annual Meeting.

I did a Watchtower Comments on that a long time ago.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LOL @ Outlaw!

How many NWT bibles would I need to rip apart to reupholster my office chair with their nice grey covers? I think it would be good if my chair was "sister-proof".

• perfect1
    perfect1

grumble did you make candy corn candles- cool!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

he mounted the donkey?

• Comatose
    Comatose

What does John 1:1 say Please?

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

Does Matthew 24:45 read, "Who then is the Governing Body, whom the master has put in charge of the Watchtower to give them their food at the proper time?"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit