Recording meeting

by Fading Begins 217 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

Not only is this bible the new light but with less scriptures it's also lighter. They might have to give a new meaning to the word light

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Do you mean to say that they actually compared fifty shades of grey before deciding on this ?

LOL! Very good Dantes!

Fading Begins--thank you!

This has been asked but I do not believe answered: what does "sister proof" mean?

• Watchtower-Free
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

So, most of what I thought was going to happen, happened:

1. A new Bible, sounds like a few understandable changes to mistakes of the first 'anointed' commitee, good thing

A few very significant changes, including contextual rendering of soul, removing the passage about the harlot and Jesus forgiving her.

No matter what your theology is, this was an important part of Jesus's worldview as we have received it. Also understandable that the WT wanted it out; their Jesus is not iconoclastic, he is not forgiving and doesn't hang with whores. Their Jesus was a prude; (the biblical Jesus made more wine for an already drunk crowd). Except Mary of course (in the Levant, any unattached woman was a whore in the view of society), and the tax collectors. Does Jesus wash his hands all the time in the new version? Does he actually follow the sabbath? Does he now show much respect for his elders, the priests??

2. Mention of building projects, drum up enthusiasm.

3. Mention MONEY.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you for the info.

It's good to be able to tell those who have been selected to attend tomorrow what it's all about.

George

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Sister-proof was referring how durable the new bible is and after they tested binding glue etc., then they made a joke that it was "sister-proof", I guess insinuating that sisters are much harder on their bibles than brothers.

• cedars
    cedars

My article on this for those interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/new-english-nwt-bible-released-as-annual-meeting-is-leaked-online

Cedars

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'd like to hear exactly what was said in relation to avoiding "bum" witnesses, and assuming that he never actually used that word. So good baptized, active JW's are now to avoid bum baptized, active JW's? Does 'bum' mean 'inactive'? Or does it mean those who are critical or hint at disatisfaction at certain policies and teachings and/or don't answer up at the meetings and/or only put the minimum field service time in? Presumably all of the above. What a nasty little religion.

• valkyrie
  • WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Thank you to all who made this available. You are gems!

So "loving kindness" is now "loyal love".

Koolaid all around...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit