Recording meeting

by Fading Begins 217 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I guess insinuating that sisters are much harder on their bibles than brothers.

In my 40+ years of experience, the sisters were 'harder' on their bibles because they used them more than the brothers.

Good comment Cedars: "You could imagine the uproar if a politician on camera described the appearance of any item as “woman proof.”" Also, Jackson's wife looks like she's only in her twenties. Anyone know her age?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I think it should be called The Confederate Bible as it blends with the uniform of the Confederate forces in the Civil War.

Just saying!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WTB&TS: "...so we've given you this new Bible. Please remember not to read it."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"This has been asked but I do not believe answered: what does "sister proof" mean?"

Perhaps they've reinforced the binding around "Song of Solomon." After all, that's the closest that many single sisters or unsatisfied married sisters will get to "50 Shades of Grey."

• Laika
    Laika

The sister proof comment was obviously a joke. Not a great one, and maybe not one a politician would get away with, but still just a joke.

The bum witnesses phrase is the real story here, combine with the prodigal drama/DVD and they're clearly going harder on the idea that bad associations does not just mean worldlings.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hey Governing Body who yuze calling a bum? sticks and stone my break my bones but wyudes will never hurt me. I wanna make youz an offer you cant refuze like I give yuze money for the new elephant hide bible like so yuze can rip more people off. Us bums have gotta stick together yuze get my drift?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The bum witnesses phrase is the real story here, combine with the prodigal drama/DVD and they're clearly going harder on the idea that bad associations does not just mean worldlings."

Indeed. That's all part of the "high control group" recipe. Phrases like that are intended to get the "bums" in line. Real life doesn't usually end like in the WT DVD stories. From the last of my experiences it became an increasing climate of friction and judgmentalism with continuing conflict and feuds.

And since all these reports leaked out during the program, right after they stated not to put notes out to the public, they will continue to focus on the "disobedient sheep" that are in the congregation.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

" ... replace an item that we were a bit iffy about... " @ 25:10

So the Bible display is not comprehensive and is 'cherry picked'. I wonder which one they were 'iffy' about? It wouldn't happen to be one that they used to support their doctrine but was from a dubious, by their definition, character, now would it?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Wow, what a boring and disappointing meeting, no re-assurances that 100 years has gone by and this end that was supposed to come "soon" hasn't come, shocking!

Interesting color choice though. I believe that in a coded way they have provided noo light and a forgleam of things to come. Just ponder over the dull grey cover of the newer new world bible (tm). The dull grey is symbolic that the the new light is to not have black and white thinking anymore concerning the endtimes, as some brothers mistakinly have done, but really to be more reasonable about the endtimes. Also, the color represents what the rest of your life as JW is going to look like - dull and boring.

I wonder what the reaction from the RF publishers will be.

• zound
    zound

Thanks for your hard work sitting through and sharing this Fading begins. Apostates are awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit