Recording meeting

by Fading Begins 217 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

rank and file - term used by Governing Body to refer to their subordinates

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

I don't have the study article in front of me so I don't know is he is reading from article - but wow they r really hitting kids and parents - should be pushing towards baptism from "infancy". Are they talking about gadgets, do they know wordly songs but not kingdom songs - if so parents are not doing their job.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Thanks mindnumbed and Fading Begins

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

WT87 - Lov you too.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Thank you to DrJohnChrist - Reddit User. Repost as follows:

ANNUAL MEETING

8:45am Audience asked to take their seats by Guy Pierce.

8:50 am Musical prelude of kingdom melodies. Introduced by Guy Pierce.

8:55am Slight technical problem. Video skipped.

8:58am Attendants at all doors. Packed house.

9:00am Program begins with song 65.

9:06am Opening prayer and introduction. Asked not to share information on social networks. Told not to take digital notes. Guy Peirce opening talk. 1830 locations streamed to. Nearly 1 and a half million reached.

129th annual meeting. Will important bible questions be answered? Yes. Proverbs 4:18. There will be new light. The righteous ones (Jehovah's people) will get the light. Will bible truths be refined at this meeting? Absolutely.

9:11am Mark Sanderson "a display to honor Jehovah"

New bible display created at headquarters. displays pages from many bible manuscripts. Joked about rarity of NWT lately. They are in possession of a single page of Tyndall's bible which includes the name "Jehovah". They also have a page from a Reno Valero bible from 1602 with Jehovah's name.

Upon reviewing bethel library, they have a bible from 1549. The first to be in every church.

They used many bibles in this display.

Many bethelites donated rare bibles to the display. And even purchased rare bibles for the display.

They found a copy of the Nuremberg polyglot online. Talk of the translator using the Tetragrammaton in the greek scriptures.

Bethelites negotiated for bible. Turns out he was a brother. Gave it as a permanent lone.

They wanted a German language bible that also uses the divine name I the Greek scriptures. Someone told them it was impossible to find. They found one on the internet "for an unbeliably low price". A bethelites purchased it and donated it.

They wanted a good reproduction of the Isaiah scroll from the Dead Sea scrolls. Tuns out they had one.

The final bible to obtain was the Geneva bible of 1603. A brother donated it.

The display officially opened on Thursday October 3rd 2013.

9:26am Sanderson's talk ends. Guy Pierce introduces the Watchtower summary. Brother Louche conducts.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Part three - Song 116 - The light gets brighter - lets all join in.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Announcements: Greetings from other countries - just like at district conventions.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

So, yes, they're all for display.

And then they'll roll out the new NTW version, appearing to be a product of the most meticulous and painstaking research and translation work, ever.

It's all for show...

Just my gut feeling.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Asking for contributions - can use debit or credit or cheque - goes for those in all the different venues. Construction site not to be visited due to safety concerns - don't drive by and stop as again safety issues. Video available at jw.org of progress. New 2014 text "Let your kingdom come".

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Video - A precious gift from God. Sit back and watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit