Poster country flags and privacy

by Simon 263 Replies latest forum announcements

• besty
    besty

I think a good compromise might be for default position is correct country as assigned by the forum software OR opt out if user wishes forum software will then show a skull and crossbones as your country flag.

Under no circumstances should users be given control over what country flag appears. Correct country of origin or pirate, no 3rd options.

• Simon
    Simon

Aaaaarrrgh ye make good points cap'n besty

• violias
    violias

the default icon could be anything, does not have to be skull and crossbones. That seems so scary. How about something pleasant.  Maybe vote on options?  or just pick something generic that we will all recognize that is not scary. a world  globe or an earth pic?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    That's a great idea, besty. And I like the choice of the pirate flag, because of the connection to FSM.
  • coalize
    coalize
    The pirate flag is a great idea
  • Simon
    Simon
    erm ... I don't know that we want to tell people that they live on the planet, it may reveal too much about who they are.
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Can the default be a Canadian Pirate?
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

"As to posting while travelling, if its a concern just zip your paranoid thoughts up until you get back to a secure location."

Paranoid thoughts? Besty, you must not get around much. It's not paranoid to understand when you're a wanted person by those who'd love to ruin your family life under the banner of performing some sick Watchtower jihad! I still don't see an answer to the actual question I asked, either. Do you have one, or are you content to just play bully toward someone asking a serious question? I'm not interested in your petty sarcasm.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Herding cats

• violias
    violias
    The earth flag is a great one. I really like it. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit