NEWBIES are leaving like crazy! Be very afraid WT

by clarity 231 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Only just saw this post and very happy to see my name listed. I don't count in the stats of those who have left the Truth cos I never thought I knew it but I am very grateful to be a member of this community - it has helped me to vent and to strategize on how to free my better half from WBTs mid control - thank you all

• erbie
    erbie

Warehouse

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome welcome to all of you newbies!!! It has been just about 2 years since hubby and I realized TTATT. The first year was an emotional roller coaster as I'm sure it will be for you as well. However, the second year has been like an anvil has been lifted off our necks. Our focus is to put the past behind and plan our future without the burden of Watchtower control. Cheers to you all!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Good morning (or nite) all!

Bugbear...a heart jumping for joy, is a healthy heart!

It is like the fall of a totalitarian government ... but the people

have risen up...............& out!

>

Dis_Member... "looking for sense and meaning"......beautiful!

Thank you.

Miss Confused... there will be a lot of firsts, from now on!

ONDevine ...glad things are coming together for you

KWjoe... oh forgive me, missed your name too, but you are

here now & we are sure happy about that!

Warehouse... we love having you here, Iam curious about your name.?

Frazzeled...gee you almost missed it......hahaha... these threads

move bye too fast! Glad you found us!

3rdgen... hello....I remember when you guys came on.... it has

been great ...these two years!

Found 2 more lovely new persons:

Iamnobodyofconcern you may be changing your name soon!

rubbeng way to go!

If you are new here please feel at home & just say hi ...right here!

>

This thread has been amazing for me ..... changed me really.

I saw an older thread that sort of typified how we view the brave

struggle of those folks who are leaving wt & running out of

the kingdom halls, and what is happening because of this.

Not not just on JWN, but personally & in other areas too.

>

Posted by Inkie49 Received the following. I just thought it was great! and wanted to share it all with YOU.

REposted by Waiting.

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash.

At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry.

The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back. Every one of them. One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said: "This will make it better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes.

People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know this one thing: what matters in this life is more than winning for

ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.

Keep up the great work Guys & Gals! It is a labour of love.

clarity

• Emery
    Emery

Welcome newbs! I also wanted to mention that the amount of subscribers on www.reddit.com/r/exjw has immensely grown too. That subreddit has over 3,200 members, its mostly comprised of young people though.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Wanted to jump ahead and answer a question from page 2.

"Question: Did you find JWN as a result of feeling freer to use the internet, given the Society's online moves?" Answer Yes and No.

I've been out with my wife from before the first WoodStock. Two years ago I wondered how the JW's were doing and stumbled into this site among others.

The clock rolled back 45 years and I understood immediately what everyone was feeling and saying. I also realize that it took me about 3 years back then to work with limited information to understand TTATT. With the internet it would have taken a day or two of reading.

So yes it is the internet that allows intelligent people to learn the real truth.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Giordano:

Thank you and other posters for answering my question!

CoCo

• warehouse
    warehouse
    clarity wrote:

Warehouse... we love having you here, Iam curious about your name.?

A long time ago, on a forum far far away, I made a few internet buddies and we had lots of fun. Then some of those buddies got banned from the forum as a result of their troll hijinks. They subsequently moved to a new forum.

I found them, but didn't want them to know who I was so that many lol's could be had (playing tricks on one another was a hallmark of these guys). So I went by the name warehouse because they wouldn't connect it to me, at least not initially; and also because I worked in a warehouse previously.

The name warehouse is my one online name that is completely unconnected to anything in real life, with the sole exception being my work history. I guess using it for this forum, it can take on another meaning, that being I've become a warehouse of analysis. But that's a stretch, lol.

• label licker
    label licker

Thank you It's been a rough year but is starting to get better. How I found this sight was actually funny. I was trying to look up and read the one article that read Why Am I So Lonely and pushed jwnet instead of jworg. Then I found all you people and I wasn't lonely anymore. I realised after reading your stories that it wasn't me after. We really are the normal ones. I will never ever go back and that's a promise.

I do want to thank Simon for all his hard work and time in order for all of us to feel better about ourselves. Sorry I didn't introduce myself at the beginning. If you had read my jc story then you will understand why I couldn't post about my life. First off, you wouldn't believe it and second it makes my jc look like a warm fuzzy get together.

Again, thank you so much for being there. Even in the wee hours of the morning when I've woken up from a rotton dream, I just come here for a while. Life will get better, I just know it:)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's funny how I got here. I always wondered if JWs are so crash hot at applying bible principles in their marriages, then why hasn't the society ever come out and provided proof of it. Couldn't find anything statistically, so googled it, and wham-ooh up came JwFacts, and from there it just snow balled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit